Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fredg's Avatar
    fredg Posts: 4,928, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member
     
    #201

    Oct 6, 2005, 04:06 AM
    Old Post
    Hi,
    This original post is 5 months old!!
    Why keep posting to it, and stringing it out??
    Someone needs to start a new post, if the original person is still interested.
    fredg
    Xenophon's Avatar
    Xenophon Posts: 27, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #202

    Oct 6, 2005, 06:08 AM
    So CrashProof which one of those hundreds of products do you mean you want to order?? Im not english speaking that's why I don't know really. And do they ship to europe too??

    DKNY I didn't understand one thing really: WHY does one must take 2 sorts of vitamin C?? Is that true? I mean that "3. KIRKLAND VITAMIN C with ROSEHIP 1000mg" staff. Isn't that Acid in there harmful? Questions and questions I hope you can answer them. Thanks a lot

    And from where do you finally going to order from? From UNIS?



    CU
    Sexy_Rhia's Avatar
    Sexy_Rhia Posts: 16, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #203

    Oct 6, 2005, 11:26 PM
    As what I know, you won't get back to what was once your color is by just stopping the pills. I think all you have to do to maintain the color is take care of it like don't go under the sun if you really don't need to, use sunblocks etc.

    I don't think there is a side effect because as far as I know this is a anti-oxidant. But I can not really tell because I just start taking it this couple of months and I am not yet going to stop taking it, one of my cousin is still just to consume her last pieces of the pills and after that she will stop, maybe then I can tell you what's the score on her. But as what I have read and researched it won't give any side effect because its just like taking vitamins.

    The KIRKLAND vitamin C has 1000tablets and is like US$60 to US$70 to my seller I don't know because I am buyingmy krkland here aside from it cost less by few bucks I also save from shipping cost that why I did not included the price there. I think you should get any generic vitamin c there so we won't end up spending too mcuh.

    And rosehip is not vitamin C xenophone its just like an added thing with the vitamin c. its like whitening cream with sunblock, where the main focus is the whitening cream they just add the sunblock to help, just like in kirkland, the main thing there is the vitamin c just added the rosehip for added benefit. Hope I explained that well.

    I willtry the glutathione soap and lotion too, when my cousin visit us here for christmas because soaps are heavy and will just make me pay a lot on shipping.
    butt-stop's Avatar
    butt-stop Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #204

    Oct 9, 2005, 01:02 AM
    Need a white skin
    Hi , I'm a chinese living in australia. Since young ,I've always been discriminated in my family because I have dark skin . Then a product named tull-jye came along a few years ago and solved my problem. This product claimed to have been manufactured in taiwan and stuff. Indeed , my face turns fairer and fairer. Then last year , this product started being banned because it contains mercury! :eek: . I'm reli in a dilemma now. After I read this forum , I find out about the L-gluthationne. Is it true that it can lighten up the whole body? Wad is the dosage supposed to be used for me if I'm about 45-47 kg? And how much vitamin C should be taken along with it? Thanksss fer the help guys. :o :rolleyes:
    Xenophon's Avatar
    Xenophon Posts: 27, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #205

    Oct 9, 2005, 05:29 AM
    Hey Butt-Stop

    You should take 2760 mg of this stuff per day! And the double dosage of Vitamin C which is 5520 mg.

    Yeah I try also to find out if this ing glutathione really works??
    Its very expensive tats why I'm not sure to buy it. And in this forum you cannot trust EVERYONE because some people here are sellers and just want to sell that stuff but when you ask for a before-after picture they don't answer.

    Yeah man the whole thing is weird. Pherhaps I order that thing just to try once. But since then I wait for some answers in this forum.

    See You. Bye
    nikkicute's Avatar
    nikkicute Posts: 733, Reputation: 35
    Senior Member
     
    #206

    Oct 9, 2005, 06:30 AM
    Pills to whiten the skin?
    (from the Sennine skin care site, judge for yourselves if pills can actually work or not.)

    January 2004 (More Articles Below):
    Why Skin Whitening Pills Cannot Work

    Recent demand hikes for skin whitening have led to the development of so-called skin whitening pills as advertized by various companies. These companies make claims of achieving all-over whiter skin by taking internal medication.

    The principle behind these claims is highly attractive. However, to accomplish a lighter skin tone, these pills must target melanin producing cells only and leave all other cells in the body untargeted. Such a task has been the goal of science for centuries. Indeed, if medical science could target only particular cell groups effectively, cancer would be completely treatable.

    Targeting particular cells is very difficult and has not ever been possible. Some manufacturers of skin whitening pills, however, claim to provide high quantities of Vitamin C and other skin whitening ingredients to the entire body (including skin cells) and, as such, they can achieve skin whitening. Unfortunately, this approach is not feasible either, because to provide such a high strength of Vitamin C (or any other ingredient) to all melanin-producing cells based on internal medication, one would have to consume poisonous amounts of such ingredients.

    We strongly urge the consumer to be aware of these basic principles and judge claims of skin whitening from suppliers of skin whitening pills accordingly.
    Xenophon's Avatar
    Xenophon Posts: 27, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #207

    Oct 9, 2005, 06:48 AM
    :eek:

    Ups..!
    Xenophon's Avatar
    Xenophon Posts: 27, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #208

    Oct 9, 2005, 09:10 AM
    Which skin cream do you use?
    And what do you think about that glutathione-creams? That sounds interesting doesn't it? :rolleyes:
    nikkicute's Avatar
    nikkicute Posts: 733, Reputation: 35
    Senior Member
     
    #209

    Oct 9, 2005, 09:29 AM
    No pills for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenophon
    Which skin cream do you use?
    And what do you think about that glutathione-creams? That sounds interesting doesnt it? :rolleyes:
    I use Fair & Flawless Facial Whitener.

    This is the first time I have heard of these glut creams. I've never paid any attention to threads and spoke of whitening pills because I simply did not think they worked.

    In theory is sounds good but forget the lotion if the glut pills don't work.

    Lightening from the inside out does not sound interesting and the dosage one has to take everyday looks to be a bit much.

    The body will only use a certain amount of vitamins and minerals before they rest exit down the toilet. :eek:
    sispan-n's Avatar
    sispan-n Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #210

    Oct 9, 2005, 02:58 PM
    Discouraged
    Hi, I have been reading your posts for a month now. I just got really discouraged after reading The one that Nikkicute posted. I have been taking
    L-glutathione and vitamin C for a week now. I have not see any result yet. It's too early to see any but I am going to keep taking it. I took the celebrity whitening pills for a month before I started the glutathione, they did not work. I read all these posts about L-glutathione and I felt like this is the one. Now I'm not so sure about it nomore. I'm deseperate to find something that can give me even skin tone. My underarms and bikini area are a lot darker than the rest of my body. I tried bleaching creams but, They don't work because I can only use them at night and during the day I have to use deodorant and you can't put both on at the same time. I will keep you posted. :confused:
    nikkicute's Avatar
    nikkicute Posts: 733, Reputation: 35
    Senior Member
     
    #211

    Oct 9, 2005, 03:02 PM
    Underarm lightening
    Quote Originally Posted by sispan-n
    Hi, I have been reading your posts for a month now. I just got really discouraged after reading The one that Nikkicute posted. I have been taking
    L-glutathione and vitamin C for a week now. I have not see any result yet. It's too early to see any but I am going to keep taking it. I took the celebrity whitening pills for a month before I started the glutathione, they did not work. I read all these posts about L-glutathione and I felt like this is the one. Now I'm not so sure about it nomore. I'm deseperate to find something that can give me even skin tone. My underarms and bikini area are a lot darker than the rest of my body. I tried bleaching creams but, They don't work because I can only use them at night and during the day I have to use deodorant and you can't put both on at the same time. I will keep you posted. :confused:
    Godiva skincare does offer an underarm lightening deordorant you can try.

    I've seen several underarm lighteners on the web.
    sispan-n's Avatar
    sispan-n Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #212

    Oct 9, 2005, 10:55 PM
    Will try
    Since I already brought the pills and taking them I'm waiting to see the outcomes, then I'll try the underarm lighteners. Like my Mom said you're taking the pills and they're good for your health. If they lighten your skin that's great, if they don't that's good.
    dimples's Avatar
    dimples Posts: 256, Reputation: 9
    Full Member
     
    #213

    Oct 10, 2005, 07:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DKNY
    Hey Dimples that's all very confusing. Where is the best place to buy the pills? Do you have to get the vitamins seperately don't they come included. If not then where do you get everything from?

    Also Rhia. How is yours working for you?

    Can someone break it down straight forward so I can make an order Please.
    Sorry. Was out of the country for a while. Before when I was using Vitamins USA which contained 250mg Vitamin C per cap, I added 5 1000mg Kirkland Vitamin C(in my opinion, the cheapest brand) but it was way too much for my throat to handle. Right now, I am using Dr. James glutathione which does not contain any Vitamin C. I take with it 2 1000mg Kirkland Vitamin C.
    dimples's Avatar
    dimples Posts: 256, Reputation: 9
    Full Member
     
    #214

    Oct 10, 2005, 07:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sispan-n
    Hi, I have been reading your posts for a month now. I just got really discouraged after reading The one that Nikkicute posted. I have been taking
    L-glutathione and vitamin C for a week now. I have not see any result yet. It's too early to see any but I am going to keep taking it. I took the celebrity whitening pills for a month before I started the glutathione, they did not work. I read all these posts about L-glutathione and I felt like this is the one. Now I'm not so sure about it nomore. I'm deseperate to find something that can give me even skin tone. My underarms and bikini area are a lot darker than the rest of my body. I tried bleaching creams but, They don't work because I can only use them at night and during the day I have to use deodorant and you can't put both on at the same time. I will keep you posted. :confused:
    Hey there. Do not get discouraged right away. Dermatologists suggest using products for 6 straight months before saying if it works or doesn't. Come to think of it. We tanned for like 20-30 years so whitening will not take a week. Cheer up. People in these forums are using different products. So, before you do try anything, do some research but be cautious about people who are merely selling & have no experience with these products. There are an ample of them here so use your judgement well.As for underarms & bikini areas, these areas are usually more pigmented. The underarms due to use of deodorants & the bikini areas due to panties & friction. A lot of people have tried tretinoin astringents on these areas paired with whitening creams but do be careful about these too as tretinion can cause skin peeling & sometimes, irritation which can even make it darker. Anyway, if you are currently trying any product, do keep us posted on your progress. These are forums for users, not sellers.
    stingshock's Avatar
    stingshock Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #215

    Oct 12, 2005, 01:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dimples
    Hey there. Do not get discouraged right away. Dermatologists suggest using products for 6 straight months before saying if it works or doesnt. Come to think of it. We tanned for like 20-30 years so whitening will not take a week. Cheer up. People in these forums are using different products. So, before you do try anything, do some research but be cautious about people who are merely selling & have no experience with these products. There are an ample of them here so use your judgement well.As for underarms & bikini areas, these areas are usually more pigmented. The underarms due to use of deodorants & the bikini areas due to panties & friction. A lot of people have tried tretinoin astringents on these areas paired with whitening creams but do be careful about these too as tretinion can cause skin peeling & sometimes, irritation which can even make it darker. Anyway, if you are currently trying any product, do keep us posted on your progress. These are forums for users, not sellers.
    Newbie here, hello everyone! You are absolutely right taking L-glutathione needs patient and it takes time before you see the effect.

    Anyway, I would like to share this products that my friend using I'm pretty sure that this really work but I'm telling you that so costly the name of the product is OBAGI you can check at skintringue.com you know how much this to BELO P22K it's a complete kit. If you are interested just order online. I will try to order too.

    Just for now folks!
    dimples's Avatar
    dimples Posts: 256, Reputation: 9
    Full Member
     
    #216

    Oct 16, 2005, 09:23 AM
    Lotti
    Hi there, Lotti! So, how long did you use glutathione? What brand? How many mg?Maybe I didn't lighten so much. Not as I expected & I am closing to 2 months but on a better thought, my skin has become much nicer. Smooth, more even toned & supple. Also, breakouts like pimples, blackheads & other forms of dermatitis have occurred less frequent especially on the elbows(It tends to look rough before due to constant friction with tabletops)& gluteal folds. But I use Whitening lotion, whitening soap, minimized sun exposure so I guess all those factors did contribute to the 2 shades I have whitened so far. :) And for the record, I do not sell anything.Nor will I endorse any product. Just a user hoping to get the best products in the market.
    Xenophon's Avatar
    Xenophon Posts: 27, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #217

    Oct 16, 2005, 01:01 PM
    Hey dimples: where have you got that "whitening soap" from?
    Which site? How much does it cost?
    Sounds interesting
    socalstudios's Avatar
    socalstudios Posts: 15, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #218

    Oct 17, 2005, 05:57 AM
    Hi,

    Just curios, what nationality and skin complexion would you say you are lotti and dimples?
    dimples's Avatar
    dimples Posts: 256, Reputation: 9
    Full Member
     
    #219

    Oct 17, 2005, 09:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenophon
    Hey dimples: where have you got that "whitening soap" from??
    which site? How much does it cost?
    Sounds interesting
    I have tried a lot of whitening soaps in the market. You name it, I have tried it. But right now, I am using the YSA whitening soap. I am already on my third bar. So far, I like it. It makes you whiter. That is my opinion & observation. The problem is it makes your skin dry so you would need a lot of lotion after. Their lotion is okay, too. I was previously using Nivea Whitening lotion but I feel that it makes my complexion look darker after I put some on so even if I still have 6 bottles here, I discontinued using them.
    dimples's Avatar
    dimples Posts: 256, Reputation: 9
    Full Member
     
    #220

    Oct 17, 2005, 09:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by socalstudios
    Hi,

    Just curios, what nationality and skin complexion would you say you are lotti and dimples?
    I am Filipino-Chinese-Spanish. Used to be dark brown but after all the whitening in the past 10 years & very minimal sun, I am now light brown with some freckles on my arms. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

 

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search


Check out some similar questions!

Skin lightening pills [ 3 Answers ]

I have a very uneven skin tone (by that I mean some parts are dark while others are light). I really want to lighten it up to an even tone, are skin lightening pills dangerous to use for this purpose? I'm a 20 year old black female. Are there any long term side effects?

Do Skin Lightening Pills work? [ 13 Answers ]

I'm currently using hydroquinone 10% and it's working fine but I was going to order some skin lightening pills so I can lighten a little faster. Before I get into those, I wanted to know has anyone had experience with skin lightening pills & what were your results. Thanks.

Skin Lightening Pills [ 4 Answers ]

What's up with skin lightening pills? Are they any good? How well do they work? And what are the best ones?

Skin Lightening Pills: Do they work and How Long does it take to show results? [ 25 Answers ]

Hello... Im Treyce, a Media Anchorperson and of Indian descent... I am looking for an effective skin whitening product to help me even out my dull skintone and give me a brighter/lighter and more radiant complexion. I recently (3 months exactly) been rigidly taking a particular brand's Whitening...

Skin Lightening Pills That Really Work [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I would like to know if there are any skin lightening pills that really work and were I could buy them :


View more questions Search