Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    diptikalyan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2007, 12:03 PM
    Part year resident? I left US permanently.
    I am an Indian (single). I was doing phd (F1 visa) in NY state from aug 2001 - sept 2006. I left USA on sept 2006 and came back to India. I am currently in India.

What forms I need to fillup for NY state? Am I a part year resident of NY state? Last year (2005) I filed IT 203 and IT 203-ATT.

For federal which forms I need to fillup? Since its 6th calendar year for me then is it 1040EZ (last year I filed 1040NREZ + 8843).

Thanks
    Diptikalyan
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Apr 20, 2007, 11:43 AM
    You need to file Form 1040EZ and Form IT-203 as a non-resident of NY. You can probably file both online using TaxAct.com.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Part Year Resident [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I lived for 8 months in NYC in 2006. I have been on an exchange visa (J-1) as a trainee and received salary from NYC business. My permanent address is in Germany and I filed a 1040 NR. Can I file as a part year resident of NY/ NYC the IT-203 form? Do I have to pay city- state taxes? ...

H1B from Oct'05: part of year resident? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi there, I'm on H1B, my wife and son are on H4. We are in US (California) starting Oct 12, 2005. I have several questions: 1. I filed an extension of time. As I understand, after 5th of June I will pass substantial presence test (SPT) in 2006, and therefore can file 1040A for 2005 under...

Part year/non resident issues [ 1 Answers ]

My husband is a resident of Illinois but as of October of last year, he has been working in Iowa, so does this make him a part year resident of Illinois or is he still a full year resident and a non-resident of Iowa? I know this may sound stupid but he IS and always has been a resident of Illinois...

Part time resident or non-resident for state tax form? [ 3 Answers ]

:( hi, I was on F1 visa in Texas till the month of September. Then moved to North carolina in October to work on OPT till December. So I am still eligible to fill the 1040NR-EZ form. But my confusion is the state tax form since for Texas I did not have to fill one. And now in the D400 state tax...

Part year resident for MA : bank interests [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, The instructions for form 1-NR/PY ( I am a Mass. Part-year resident) say on page 9: "Income: Lines 5 through 11, 24, 27 and 28 If you earned only a portion of the income you reported on your U.S. return while you were a Massachusetts legal resident, subtract from your U.S. income the...

View more questions Search