Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BABYDRAMA Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

Apr 14, 2007, 12:03 PM
    Is she entiteld to anything.
    My sister lives in the sate of conetticut. Her and her husband have been married for a year. When he met her she had no job and no means to support herself. During the year of their marriage he did not want her to work.plus she is bipolar and suffers form extreame clinical drepresion along w/ some other mental problems.he makes good money and acustomed her to a certain way of living so now there getting divorced, by law does he have to maintain that life style for her at least a year after there divorced.she was a good wife and was faithful.and top of all that he abandoned the house and cut her off. So she has been really struggling. This has been going on for about 3 months.
    louie1 Posts: 183, Reputation: 49

Apr 14, 2007, 12:05 PM
    In England unless children were involved everything would be split 50/50. Once children enter the equation it is very different.
    1badchoice Posts: 227, Reputation: 45

Apr 14, 2007, 05:17 PM
    In most states... it is really hard to get alimony unless there is an extreme difference in the lifestyle and for a period. I would guess a year is not going to be long enough. It's pretty much reserved for those married for many years to protect a partner who helped further a career in other ways or handled the agreed upon household. Of course nothing is set in stone. My ex husband was married to another woman after me for 3 yr and ended up not paying alimony but having to pay the her vehicle off and several family debts. Many attorney's offer a free consultation... she should exercise this option. Cathy

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search