Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rodanator Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2016, 05:26 AM
    Framing metal studs
    When framing metal stud from floor to a flat roof, is a slip stud required at the roof per code?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2016, 09:56 AM
    We don't know what code you fall under, check with local building inspector.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Metal studs vs. Wood studs [ 2 Answers ]

Can metal studs be used in a basement setting where there is no water problem?

Framing with metal studs. [ 1 Answers ]

I am going to build a wall with 2 door openings using metal studs. How do you frame for the door openings? Is it necessary to use wood in the opening? Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Framing a door opening with metal studs [ 1 Answers ]

Hello all, I am adding a guest bedroom and bath to our finished basement. I purchased 2 1/2 wide studs (as they were less expensive). However I don't know how to fram the door opening with this size stud. Do I need to return the 2 1/2 and exchange or the normal size stud or is there another...

Using Wood Studs with Metal Studs [ 1 Answers ]

I am in the process of adding a guest room and bath in my basement. The currect wall studs are metal. I have never worked with metal stud before therefore I am wondering if I should continue with metal or can I use wood as well. The current studs look like they are 24 oc. I have to frame in a...

Advice needed on framing - replace metal studs? [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for some advice regarding a "Yoga RopeWall" I am helping to construct for a friend's Yoga studio. A rope wall is basically a wall of 3/4" plywood with ropes hanging from it that are used for various Yoga poses. Originally, the wall was covered in mirror. When we took that down, we...

View more questions Search