Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vreddy22 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2016, 07:49 AM
    Employee stock options form 1099-B and 8949
    I sold my employee stock options. Gains weren't reported in my W-2. I received a 1099-B with Net Proceeds as 1000$ and cost basis as 1500$. Net proceeds was calculated by subtracting the exercise costs of 1500$. What the broker reported as Net Proceeds was the Gains. In form 8949, if I fill Proceeds(d) with 1000$ and Cost Basis(e) with 1500$, then the Gain/loss (h) should be computed as d - e and has a loss of 500$. What adjustment code(f) and Adjustment Amount(g) should I use so that my gains are 1000$.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Mar 24, 2016, 09:30 AM
    If the actual gain is $1,000, then adjust the proceeds and basis to report it as such.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I still have to file a form 8949 (with my sch.D)if I am not doing any adjustments? [ 1 Answers ]

We sold a vacant lot and need to do a Schedule D for the profit. I don't think I have any adjustments anyway. I bought it at a tax deed sale and had to pay the previous owner to Quit Claim it over to me. Would this be an adjustment (g), or would it just be added to the Cost (e)? If it is...

If my Coast Basis is blank what do I enter 8949 form? [ 2 Answers ]

I had stock in a company for 17 years. I transferred from a brokerage house to another after buying the shares. The company had a Cash Merger and my shares were cashed out. The value on my 1099-B for the "Cost Basis" is blank. I only see the value of the transaction. What do I enter on my 8949...

Schedule D, Wash sales on Form 8949, and line 13 of Tax Form 1040 [ 3 Answers ]

My schedule D says I have a net capital loss. On Form 8949 Sales and Other Dispositions of Capital Assets, in column (f) under adjustment to gain/loss some W's appear, representing wash sales. If wash sales can't be claimed as a loss do I subtract these W's from my total capital loss as indicated...

Form 1099 vs. Employee [ 5 Answers ]

I've recently started my own cleaning business and I am trying to find the best way to go about having the people that currently work for me to pay for their taxes. I just started, therefore, I do not have much work for them to do, but they have completed a couple of hours for which I paid them...

Tax pid in US under Employee Stock Options Scheme (ESOP) [ 2 Answers ]

I just sold few shares granted to me under ESOP scheme of US based company and I am based out of India. I understand the holding requirements and arising FBT if the holding requirements are not met. However, not sure how to claim the refund of capital gain tax withhold in US under DTAA agreement...

View more questions Search