Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Danilo Reyes Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2016, 03:15 PM
    What's the IRS rules/regulations on bank wire transfer into the USA?
    I am a US citizen and I plan to sell a parcel of land outside the US and to remit the proceeds , bank to bank (wire transfer ) to my deposit account here. I acquired the property before I became a citizen. The main reason why I want to transfer the proceeds here, is to buy a home. Are there restrictions, limitation as to the amount of transfer or taces to be charged? Thank you for your kind reply.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 8, 2016, 09:41 PM
    Depends on where you are sending the money from. In China, without approval, there is a 50,000 USD cap to sending funds from China to the US.

So the country you are sending money from, may have a cap that they allow to be sent per day or per year.

In general for the US, there is no cap amount except that which the bank will or may allow, and/or, the amount of time they may holds the funds before they release them. (bank policy)

The issues will be the country you are sending them from, If you were sending them from Iran. Large transfers do trigger the government to look at them, to be sure there is nothing illegal going on, but you will never know about that,

Also these are not IRS rules that regulate the wire transfers, IRS you merely have to pay taxes on all income, that would include foreign incomes (although some foreign incomes are exempt)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

IRS 501c3 rules and regulations [ 1 Answers ]

A new High School opened last year and formed an athletic association under a 501c3. In the past year and a half several there have been several instances where the bylaws under which the association was formed have not been followed. This can be shown in writing and is blatantly obvious. The...

IRS 501c3 rules and regulations [ 1 Answers ]

We are a 502 c 3 organzation and have been asked by a group to be a fiscal agent for them so they can get a charitable donation. 1 Are we allowed to do this? 2. Do they have to be in the process of forming a non-profit for us to help them? 3. Can we do this for a business that has no plans...

IRS 501c3 rules and regulations [ 4 Answers ]

Can money earned from a fundraiser be put into an individual account under 501c3 rules? For example, we have parents working at a horse track. The horse track is willing to pay $10/hour to each parent working which goes into their dance kid's account to pay future fees. Or does all the money earned...

IRS rules for transfer money [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a few questions regarding my concerns. I have a debt on 2 credit cards($4200 and $8600) and I want to be debt free this year so I can start improving my credit score. Luckily, I tried to save a debt for one credit card($4200) since it has a high interest rate and pay the whole...

Usa rules and regulations to select wire sizes for power sockets according to Amp. [ 1 Answers ]

HI. I want the usa rules and regulations. According to this I want to select wire sizes for power sockets. In different manners i.e If in a circuit only one socket of 30amp is connected, what should be the wire size according to the usa electrical rules. Similarly if in a circuit more...

View more questions Search