Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JOLENEM Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2016, 06:44 AM
    Answer my word question
    You and a friend are walking together on the sidewalk to getto a particular location the distance from the top of the sidewalk to the turnis 10 feet more than the distance from the turn where you were going if you cutacross the lawn the distance from the top of the sidewalk to where you want togo is 40 feet approximate to the nearest foot how many feet of walking distanceyou and your friend could save by cutting across the lawn instead of walking onthe sidewalk
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 7, 2016, 07:03 AM
    Thanks for the copy/paste and the demand that we do your homework. Life doesn't work that way, but I'm going to try to be a little helpful.
    DRAW a triangle, put the numbers along each edge that is known, and work on it. Answer back what you get.
    JOLENEM Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2016, 08:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    Thanks for the copy/paste and the demand that we do your homework. Life doesn't work that way, but I'm going to try to be a little helpful.
    DRAW a triangle, put the numbers along each edge that is known, and work on it. Answer back what you get.
    It wasn't a demand, rude much? I was stuck and thought I could get assistance
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 7, 2016, 08:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    I'm going to try to be a little helpful.

Excellent suggestion.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 7, 2016, 08:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JOLENEM View Post
    It wasn't a demand, rude much? I was stuck and thought I could get assistance
    The title of your question, "Answer my word question" comes across as a demand actually.

The rules of the site prevent us from doing your homework for you, but allow us to assist you if you are having problems.

We are here to guide you if you show us the work you've already done to solve this problem.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 7, 2016, 10:52 AM
    "Answer my question" parses as (You) answer my question, and is an imperative. An imperative is a demand. It is RUDE.Try this on the first day of your job someday!Getting assistance from volunteers is a delicate matter of give and take. You first, with a little appreciation and gratitude.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 7, 2016, 11:04 AM
    "Pythagorean theorem" has your answer!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Post a math word problem question and get the answer [ 1 Answers ]

The mean of nonresidential buildings is 30 years and the standard deviation of the ages of the buildings is 5 years. Determine the probability that a random sample of a group of 50 nonresidential buildings will have a mean age of less than 27.5 years.

Physics question... with answer, yet I don't know how to get the answer. [ 2 Answers ]

In order to qualify for the finals in a racing event, a car must achieve an average speed of 270 Km/h on a track with a total length of 1410 m. If a particular car covers the first half of the track at an average speed of 232 km/h, what minimum average speed must it have in the second half of the...

View more questions Search