Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blob2 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2005, 02:05 AM
    Slow early 80s song
    I'm looking for a slow adult-contemporary song that has the lyrics "no-thing can just get me by" in the chorus. Or it at least sounds like that's what they're saying. It sounds like Crosby Stills & Nash, the way they harmonize, but the first half of the song is by one guy, and the second half is the whole group together. The song also has a slow, "sad" electric guitar. If it's not early 80s, it's probably late 70s. Any ideas?
    blob2 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2005, 11:58 PM
    I figured it out... it's "I Won't Hold You Back" by Toto, from 1982. The lyrics I provided were completely wrong, though. It's "The love we had just can't be found," not "Nothing can just get me by." I was WAY off :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Led Zeppelin Song Question - Swan Song [ 6 Answers ]

I'm hoping you can help me. I've been asked by my boss to get a copy of a song called "Swan Song" by Led Zeppelin. He's giving it as a gift to someone that sings the song a lot. Now, I'm a Zeppelin fan and I've explained to my boss that the only thing titled Swan Song that Zeppelin had a hand...

Early to Mid '90s Sci-Fi [ 1 Answers ]

There was a show about an alien who looked like a human man and he had a companion giant eyeball looking creature who had a glassy reflective front and was constantly harassing the main character about hostility. What was this show?

Name of toy in early 1990's [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to figure out the name of a toy in the early 1990's for little girls. It was a "belly" that contained either one baby or twins. I remember picking up all the packages in the store trying to figure out which one weighed more so that I could pick the one with twins inside. I can't...

Early Menopause? [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone help me, I am 46yrs old, living in Spain, been having problems for 6months now with heavy periods, started in August last year, thought my insides were falling out! Big clots, this has now calmed down a lot, but periods now every 15 - 20 days, and much heavier. Have been to doctors...

View more questions Search