Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sjnowak Posts: 80, Reputation: 1

Feb 29, 2016, 03:21 PM
    Charitable donations
    Filling out itimized deductions, it talks about non cash donations over $500, does that mean at any one time or all donations total combined ? Thanks.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 29, 2016, 03:27 PM
    All combined for the tax year (including donations of "stuff" to Amvets, Purple Heart, etc.). Do you have acknowledgements/letters of receipt?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 29, 2016, 04:09 PM
    That is all non-cash donations made in 2015. You will need to submit Form 8283 if you have non-cash donations that, in aggregate, exceed $500.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Charitable Donations [ 4 Answers ]

Our church choir is taking a trip and will be having several fundraisers. If someone underwrites the cost of food, beverage, etc. can they take that as a charitable donation? Also, if someone wants to donate money (NOT to a specific person, just for the trip, as a whole) is that considered a...

Charitable Donations question for tax return [ 1 Answers ]

My Adjusted Gross Income is approximately $47K (I say approximately because I switched jobs last year to a higher salary, so this is a guesstimate). Last year, my refund was about $900. I always take the standard $250 deduction for charitable organizations, but this year I am considering donating a...

Charitable Organizations [ 3 Answers ]

I'm hoping someone will read this and suggest a philanthropy/charity that might help me with a $15,000 loan/gift... I used a credit card when things were really bad for me. I used it for food, gasoline and other household items, never for myself as a luxury. I'm a person that should be kicked in...

Large Amounts of Charitable Donations [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to help a friend who donated large amounts of small dollar value items to an animal shelter last year. Some were dollar store items, some were larger items like food, medical supplies & small cost equipment. The total value (based on her purchase price) totaled over $6000. How do I...

Charitable Contributions [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Gospel Music Band. I have not applied for non-profit status although the real income is much less the $10,000 a year. An individual has expressed a desire to donate a Bus for us to travel in, however, they would like to write it off as a donation to this ministry. Is this possible?

View more questions Search