Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Deborah Hester Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2016, 02:03 PM
    Former Walmart Employee W2 for 2015
    My wife worked for WalMart in 2015 and due to her illness she's unable to go to the store she formerly worked at in Euless on Pipeline Rd. and she's no longer at the former address we resided at. How can I prevent her taxes from going to the wrong address and have them downloaded off the Internet instead?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Feb 2, 2016, 02:57 PM
    She should contact the HR department and make sure they have the current address. They should also be able to advise whether her W-2 can be accessed on-line.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 2, 2016, 03:12 PM
    The latest cyber theft is filing someone else's return and getting their refund, fraudulently.
    You don't want getting a W2 to be easy, sick or not!
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Feb 2, 2016, 03:30 PM
    Sorry joy, I don't understand how you are trying to address the OP's question. Employees of many large employers can access their W-2's on line. For example over the past weekend I downloaded mine from the company that does payroll processing for my employer. I don't see how that's any less safe than mailing a paper copy.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 2, 2016, 06:39 PM
    Its probably too late to stop it from being mailed. W2s are required to be mailed by 1/31. But Walmart has offered W2s online for many years. You shold have contacted their corporate HR dept for instruction on how to log in and download it.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 2, 2016, 08:37 PM
    Scott has it right; follow his advice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am no longer an employee at walmart, how do I get my w2 online? [ 2 Answers ]

I don't work at walmart anymore, just wanted to know how to get my w2 online?

Walmart w2 former employee? [ 2 Answers ]

How do a ex wal- mart employee get their 2011 w2 off the internet?

Should I sue walmart for employee stealing my wallet? [ 16 Answers ]

A Walmart employee was caught stealing my wallet after helping me at photo center. Now I fear going to Walmart to shop with my children. What should I do?

Injured by walmart employee [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, My Husband And I Were Shopping In Walmart, And I Went Down The Isle To Get Tea Bags, He Stayed To Wait For Me At One Of The Freezers, When I Bent Over To Pick Up The Tea An Employee Ran Over The Back Of My Heel And Ankle With A Bread Cart, I Fell Into The Shelf To Catch Myself, She Said She...

View more questions Search