Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nritter21sg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2016, 08:44 PM
    How do I make myself feel better?
    Ever since I learned about video game designers and scientists I have always wanted to be one, so naturally, I tried my best in school. I finished my 1st Semester of 7th grade thinking I did amazing, so I felt good throughout Christmas break.

It was the night before the first day of 2nd Semester, my mom and dad called me into their bedroom saying that they want to talk to me. I went in there and the first thing they told me was that that I dropped out of my Advanced Class because of bad grades.

The first thing that I did was burst out in tears and walked outside to think about it. The first thing that I thought was that I might not get to be a scientist, because at my school you have to stay in the Advanced Math the whole time to get to do that kind of stuff. My mom and dad came outside and talked to me about it and said that all I have to do to is get my grades up. They convinced me to come inside and go to sleep. I sat there the whole night thinking about how much I disappointed them, and myself. I still feel like that as I'm typing this question. So how do I make myself feel better?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 3, 2016, 09:25 PM
    You are not a scientist if you do lab work in high school. You only do lab work and to be honest and blunt, it is doubtful that in 5 years or 8 years you will even want to be one. (First you have no idea what a type of scientist and what research)

So you do you best, and by the time you are ready for university, you decide what to study, And guess what if you want to be some sort of scientist, you go to university 4 years, then another 2 or 3 years for a maters degree and then another 3 or so for a PhD. Do after high school, and then another 10 years of school, you can start to be one.

You could have failed this year, and it not stop your goals. This is only 7th grade,
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 3, 2016, 10:13 PM
    It's not the end in 7th grade so learn where you made your mistakes and correct them and try harder to get your grades up, and stop feeling sorry for yourself because you didn't do as well as you thought. You want to feel better then just see this as a temporary setback that CAN BE CORRECTED.

Like your parents said, just bring your grades up. If you can do that you will feel much better. I did lousy in 7th grade but graduated near the top of my class in high school. Being disappointed in yourself doesn't have to be as big a deal as you make it, unless you stop trying to do better.

If your done crying then get busy and finish 7th grade better.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 4, 2016, 07:08 AM
    Wow, you are being much too hard on yourself! It doesn't even sound like your parents are disappointed; just you.
    I grew up going to tiny rural schools with no advanced classes (1950s-1964). I worked for a computer games company way back at the beginning. Guess what? There were NO classes in computers at all back then, and yet brilliant, creative people wrote good games and developed good software.

Besides, by the time you get out of school, the entire world of computer games might be just two people in their garage again... so stop thinking like an employee and more like someone FREE to work on your own.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What can I do to make my dog feel better [ 2 Answers ]

My dog is 7 months old and is acting unusual.he seems tired and has runny nose

Why does she make me feel so good? [ 5 Answers ]

I have been together with my girl for two years. Our relationship does not seem steady at all.One day we are fighting saying we going to leave and the other we are okay. I have been chilling with one of my friends which I now consider my best friend (she's a girl). I talk to her about everything....

How does God's name ''I AM'' make you feel? [ 27 Answers ]

Imagine praying to God , and calling Him with His name I AM ! Doesn't this somehow make you feel one with Him? For if I say '' I AM is Life '' am I not speaking about myself also at the same time that I call my God's name? And isn't this happening every time I call Him with His name 'cause when...

I feel like I'm alone. What can I do to make the feeling go away? [ 11 Answers ]

Lately I've been pushing people away and acting really mean but I don't even know why. Like to of my best guy friends devin and david, I have been really mean to them and just kind of secluding myself from them. David is really nice to me and I snap at him for no reason and devin complains about a...

How do I make him feel it again [ 3 Answers ]

When I met my boyfriend we were very much in love with each other and there was nothing about him that he did not tell me but I messed up. I betrayed his trust in me and he withral completely away from me. At times when I tell him he can confide in me and that he can come to me for anything and...

View more questions Search