Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jojohogs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2015, 03:31 AM
    Large hematoma on leg without injury won't go away
    I had 2 blood clots in June of this year and have been on Coumadin and Levonox shots. During that time I had a small hematoma on my right thigh that went away by itself. Now, again, in the same area of my thigh I have a huge hematoma that is very painful. I had surgery on my right ankle and foot on Saturday 11.21.15 and wanted to deal with the hematoma after surgery so here I am. Is this going to go away by itself or will it have to be drained? Who do I contact regarding it? Do I start with my Hemotologist?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Nov 23, 2015, 08:20 AM
    Who do I contact regarding it?
    What has your doctor been telling you about it in the discussions prior to your surgery 2 days ago?

What were you told about it when you were communicating with your doctor in June?

Only your doctor can confirm whether it's a hematoma or not, and what do do about it based on your medical history.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 23, 2015, 10:01 AM
    This is a classic example of seeing your entire body not as parts but as a whole. There is no condition that is not related to all others. ALL doctors involved, even a foot surgeon, should have known about this. You start by calling this in to the office of your primary doctor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leg injury [ 1 Answers ]

I had a horse run me into a fence post about 3 months ago. The fence post hit the inside of my lower leg it turned my leg black and it took almost my whole lower leg and it swelled up. Well it's been awhile since the injury and my leg still has some discoloring and is still sore to the touch....

Leg injury [ 0 Answers ]

My husband was pinned by a bull against an iron fence. No broken or fractured bones, lots of bruising! 2 days later he is bruising further down than the injuries and his foot is swelling. Is this normal?

Leg injury [ 2 Answers ]

I banged my left leg on a wooden shoe rack 3 days ago, that was left open. Its about 10 cm above the ankle and a 7 cm bruise that goes from the middle of my shin to the outside of my leg and the swelling is all around the bruised area, I can put some weight on it although it is very painful, the...

Does my girlfriend have a hematoma injury? [ 2 Answers ]

my girlfriend injuried her right elbow almost two months ago. I took her to the doctor and they took x-rays. The doctor determined from the x-rays that the injury came from overuse and that the condition is called "hematoma." She works at a pizza chain and got the injury from lifting buckets of...

View more questions Search