Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cornelius Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2007, 09:22 AM
    Adding a light fixture in a bathroom
    I am trying to add some light in a hall bathroom and wish to splice a wire from an existing fixture. This will be my first time and need some info.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Apr 12, 2007, 10:43 AM
    Is there a specific question you have in mind? Or are looking for general information on how to do this type of project? If the latter, I suggest you start by purchasing a basic home wiring book - it will teach you about materials, tools, and techniques for projects like this. Then you can come back to the forum with whatever specific questions you may have.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bathroom Vanity: Four Lights and Wires to replace Two Light Fixture [ 3 Answers ]

We took out a two light vanity fixture that had two sets of black and white wires. The new fixture has four lights and four sets of black and white wires. Is there anything special we have to do to install it? Can we splice the wires somehow or do we have to add more wiring to the original...

Rewiring a bathroom light fixture [ 1 Answers ]

What color wire goes on the brass screw on the bulb socket?

Adding switch and fixture [ 1 Answers ]

Add-on shower light fixture, have already run wire to existing single switch box. What is the wiring to make double switch from the existing box? The existing switch has one house feed in/out

Adding second ceiling fixture [ 1 Answers ]

My kitchen has 1 fluorescent ceiling fixture and I want to replace it with 2 chandeliers. How do I add the 2nd box for the new light? ( it's 3 feet away from the existing box)

Changed from fan to light fixture and now light will not shut off [ 1 Answers ]

Today I tried to replace a ceiling fan to a light fixture. I connected the black to black white to white and copper to ground. I have a red wire that I don't know what goes to. The light now will not turn off. Should the red wire be connected to something?

View more questions Search