Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TimAmick Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2007, 05:26 AM
    95 Honda Civic won't start
    I have a 1995 Civic that will not start after sitting overnight. I can get it started by removing and cleaning the spark plugs. The plugs are gassed up like the car is dumping gas into the cylinders. It will start and run fine after this. It is a civic ex with a 1.6 litre engine with fuel injection. Do you have any idea what the problem may be?

Thank you,

Tim
    FixHondas Posts: 70, Reputation: 4

Apr 12, 2007, 04:36 PM
    It might possibly be a bad TW sensor (coolant temp sensor). If the ECU thinks the engine is really cold because of a faulty TW sensor, it will dump lots of fuel.
    I would also check the ground at the thermostat housing.
    Can you start it by holding the gas pedal to the floor? (flood clear mode)
    TimAmick Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2007, 02:10 PM
    I was able to start the car once about a week ago by holding the gas pedal down, however, It didn't work last time. Yesterday I discovered that there was a lot of pressure on the fuel tank that was released when I opened the cap. This was after setting all day and it had not been cranked. I installed new spark plugs and loosened the fuel cap and the car started fine this morning and this afternoon. Fuel seems to be leaking into the cylinders after setting a while. VCould it be a bad fuel cap or pressure regulator?

Thank you
    FixHondas Posts: 70, Reputation: 4

Apr 14, 2007, 02:34 AM
    You could have an injector leaking or something (rare).
    You could hook up a fuel pressure gauge and see if pressure is dropping quickly after key off (indicating a leak) or if the pressure is abnormally high (bad regulator - rare)
    Fuel tank pressure isn't abnormal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

89 Honda CIVIC: No Start [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 89 Honda Civic that has not been started in over a year. I put in a new battery and tried to start it. It started and ran very reough for about 10 seconds. Now it has no spark and I don't hear a click when the ignition swaith is turned on. I checked and there is no blink on the ECU light....

98 Honda Civic EX won't start [ 3 Answers ]

Car sat for 7 months while I was in Iraq, was started (not driven) maybe twice in that 7 months (the individuals have been spoken to that where supposed to maintain it for me). Replaced battery when I returned and toped off fluids. Car ran but acted strange the first 2-3 times I drove it. Gauges...

91 Honda Civic 1.5 won't start [ 4 Answers ]

My vehicle still is not starting. I have checked to see if it is the timing belt... NO. I have checked to see if it was getting gas to the engine... YES. I have checked to see if my spark plugs are firing... NO. so I guess this would mean that it is the Distributor. But I just had a tune up done a...

91 Honda Civic 1.5 won't start [ 2 Answers ]

Okay, so now the ignitor and the coils have been replaced and the car still will not start. My neighbor, who is a Honda mechanic, says that my only other option is to replace the computer... IS THIS TRUE>>?? :(

96 honda civic won't start 1.6L [ 5 Answers ]

I know you've seen this subject before, but here is my senario: I drove the car home late one night during a snow storm and shut it off. Two days later the car won't start. Here are the symptoms: Engine turns over and occasionally pops like its going to start (then floods). I got spark I...

View more questions Search