Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    booger2007 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2007, 10:56 PM
    Full custody of unborn child?
    I'm just wondering if one can request full custody of an UNBORN child because the father-to-be chooses not to be involved in the kids life. Can the mother-to-be go file for full custody based on that? And can he then be forced to sign if he refuses or changes his mind?
    mishelly3 Posts: 300, Reputation: 16

Oct 10, 2008, 11:49 PM

Call your local court house and ask for a family facilatator she can answer all those qestions for you and she free..

Good luck
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2008, 07:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by booger2007 View Post
    i'm just wondering if one can request full custody of an UNBORN child because the father-to-be chooses not to be involved in the kids life. can the mother-to-be go file for full custody based on that? and can he then be forced to sign if he refuses or changes his mind?

No, the father cannot request custody of any unborn child because has no rights until he is the acknowledged father, usually through DNA.

He would have to file for custody/vistitation, the mother would file for custody/visitation and support and the Court would decide what is in the best interest of the child.

And, no, a parent cannot be forced to give up custody of his/her child, whether he chooses to be involved or not - unless someone else is willing to adopt the child.

There would be no purpose in removing the someone's rights and the custodial parent would lose any chance of support.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Custody Rights to Unborn Child [ 9 Answers ]

Do I automatically have custody rights to my unborn child since I am not married and paternity has not been established? Does the alleged father have legal rights to force prenatal paternity testing? Does agreeing to paternity testing automatically give him custody rights if it is determined that...

Child custody for an unborn [ 1 Answers ]

This is me first time on this forum, and my question is if I may obtain custody of my child when it is born, the mother does have a record of attempt suicide and she has done drugs to my knowledge until a few months of her finding out she was pregnant, she is easily annoyed my kids and she admits...

The unfit mother is trying to get custody of my unborn nephew! [ 5 Answers ]

So, I'm the aunt of the unborn child, he is to be due sometime in June 2007. The mother is unfit, I think she drinks, she hangs around people who smoke and party around her. She sleeps around and doesn't care of herself how she should. She is unwedd to my brother who I do believe is the father, how...

Custody of Unborn child [ 3 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend of 4 years are calling it quits. We have a 2 year old daughter whom he has custody of and another baby on the way. He doesn't want to split up the children, which I completely agree with, but I was stupid enough to give him custody of our daughter and I don't want to give him...

Child custody of an unborn child [ 2 Answers ]

My question is concerning my sister, she moved to this state I live in now, only a year ago,to live with me, she got pregnant by some guy she was seeing, when he started beating her up she left him,(she was only 2 months pregnant at this time) now she's 7 months pregnant and we are moving back...

View more questions Search