Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kenneth Reese Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2015, 08:17 AM
    Water leaking along foundation
    Hi all,
    Was about to go to bed last night when I noticed a damp spot in the corner of my bedroom. When I got up this morning looked outside and found wet spots along the foundation at that part of the house. We haven't had any rain for the past week and a half so I figured maybe a leaking pipe in the wall or something. There is a bathroom along this part of the house as well... any ideas what it could be? Name:  1445699739359-163709801.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  862.2 KB
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Oct 24, 2015, 09:15 AM
    Your only remedy at this point is to investigate further. Have you tried shutting off all water sources and check your water meter to see if it is still moving? That may help give you a clue if there is a broken pipe after the meter. If this is a well water supply then do the same but monitor the well source for pressure drops.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Oct 24, 2015, 12:56 PM
    There may be a pipe inside that wall that is leaking. You should be able to hear the leak at night when noise is down. You may have to cut open the wall on the inside to investigate the source of the leak. Do not let it go for too long.

Milo

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Concrete foundation house leaking water into house [ 2 Answers ]

We used to live in a house that was on a concrete foundation. Before we moved out it came a huge rain and there was about 2 inches of water in one part of the wall and lowered down to the carpet level across the room. My step-dad said it was the foundation. And I wanted to know what that may have...

How expensive is it to replace water pipe leaking in the foundation? [ 2 Answers ]

We noticed that our grass near the corner of the house was soaked. Dug up the ground and found water leaking out of the water pipe where it meets the concrete foundation. Plumber said there is a pipe leak in the foundation and a new pipe will have to be ran probably to the center of the house in an...

Leaking shower drain on slab foundation [ 2 Answers ]

Background: Our 25 year old, rarely used, tile shower is located on the first floor of our SoCal home. There is no basement. When the shower is used the water flows into the attached garage (shared wall). There is rust around the pipe under the drain and two holes in the pipe just above where it...

Patio leaking water along foundation wall into cellar [ 2 Answers ]

I have a concrete patio that is pitched back towards the foundation and water pools against the foundation and leaks down the outside of the foundation and onto the cellar floor. Does anyone have a suggestion how to correct this.

Same as paxlux .leaking foundation [ 3 Answers ]

I am having the same trouble with an area that leaks in my basement only I have a cinderbock foundation... what can I use?

View more questions Search