Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChicagoJim Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2015, 08:39 AM
    Trane XR80 is not heating.
    My XR80 is not heating. The ignitor is glowing and the fan runs but there is no heat. 1) How do I know if the ignitor is hot enough. 2) Is it a gas valve. Also the re light was originally blinking twice t snow blinking continuously Any suggestions?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2015, 06:35 PM
    It is not easy to diagnose from what you offer. Newer heaters have many safeties built in. Could be as simple as the flame sensor or an expensive computer board. Count the flash codes and look at the inside of the air handler for the codes. I had one not too long ago that was just a loose wire on the air handler.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trane xr80 [ 0 Answers ]

The led is continuesly flashing. It says under the codes, normal call for heat. I have flipped the breaker, and turned the main switch on and off and on. Cleaned the fliters. What is my next step. Help please, it is cold Steven

Trane xr80 - I have no a/c. [ 0 Answers ]

No 24vac at thermostat, no 110vac at transformer in xr80 cabinet. Circuit breaker is OK. Where/what do I check next?

Trane xr80 [ 0 Answers ]

I have a trane xr80 the lite is off. My ac is not working either. Could it be a fuse on the outside? I took the fuse from the house to ace hardware and they tested it. It is okay. What do I look for on the outside?

Trane xr80 does not run in heating mode [ 1 Answers ]

Power is on, circuit breaker is fine, 120 V is present at door switch and to the board, 24 Volts present at transformer, Thermostat is returning a 24 V at the white wire when it is set to a temperature higher than room temperature and set to Heat and Fan on Auto. Nothing happens, the red LED...

Trane xr80 [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Trane xr80 that's about 5 yrs. Old. Everything starts (pr-fan-burner-ect.) but the blower never kicks on. I need help troubleshooting the blower circuits.

View more questions Search