Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    allinone Posts: 76, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2015, 08:11 PM
    Sales tax California
    If calculate sales taxes in California is it possible to deduct them by the end of year in federal.
    Are the taxes in vacation package deductible?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Oct 6, 2015, 08:20 PM
    Yes to both questions.

However, the sales taxes must exceed the withheld income tax to be deductible. In other words, you can deduct the sales tax or the income tax, whichever is larger, but NOT both.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gross sales $124,000 86,000 non taxable sales. Tax rate 8.25%. How much tax do I owe [ 2 Answers ]

I am a business owner in CA and it is time to calculate the taxes owed to Board of Equalization. My gross sales are $124,000 with a total of $86,000 in non-taxable sales. The current tax rate is 8.25%, what is the amount of taxes that I owe to the Board of Equalization?

How we make journal entries of input sales tax and output sales tax? [ 1 Answers ]

Sales tax has 3 terms No. 1- input tax 2. Output tax & 3 net Tax If the company has purchased materials from within the State that tax given is considered as input tax and if Company has sold materials within the state or outside the State and charged the tax rate then it considered as output...

Sales tax payable and the sales tax deduction in journal entry? [ 0 Answers ]

Sales tax payable and the sales tax deduction in journal entry? How to do the transaction? Thank you.

California Sales Tax [ 1 Answers ]

How much is the actual SalesTax in California

Sales Tax on Rental Real Estate in California [ 3 Answers ]

Is Sales Tax charged on Rental Real Estate in the state of California?

View more questions Search