Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 8, 2015, 10:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Questionair View Post
    I do not think that you have anything to worry about. Sexual harassment is not going to be easily proven in this case. I would just continue to live my everyday life if I were you, do not pay this any mind.
    Not sure who you are replying to, but the original poster (OP) in this instance was not the person making the call. It was the boss of the person subject to the lewd behavior. Please make sure you understand the questions before responding.

To J_9,

We also go through this yearly. If a customer was to call one of our employees and ask such questions, we would have two basic choices. A) Contact the person's supervisor and report the behavior or B) Sever relations with the customer. However, if another employee were to ask such question, it would/should be reported to HR who would have a meeting with the employee and their supervisor. A repeat occurrence of the behavior would result in dismissal.

On the other hand, if the company did nothing to stop such behavior, then the employee who was the victim of the harassment would have grounds to sue the company.

There was recently a case of a woman who was employee by a large local auto dealership on LI. Some workers in the service shop apparently made some sexual remarks about her that was recorded on the dash cam of a customer's car. The customer turned the video over to the woman who is now suing the dealership.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sexual Harassment [ 3 Answers ]

This morning I received a call from my boyfriend regarding his job, he told me that he'd been suspended for 3 days from his job and when I asked him why he told me his boss had reviewed the cameras and said he was making out with another coworker in the back room. We've been having problems in our...

Sexual harassment [ 11 Answers ]

I was recently involved in a sexual harassment case. Both partys involved are close to me. The girl and guy names I will be choosing to use will be changed to protect them. Heather= Girl Cary= Guy I was just relieved on my break and left Heather talking to Cary. I was gone for a good half...

Sexual harassment [ 1 Answers ]

I have worked for my employer over 3 months now and I am tired of the sexual harassment that I get from a couple of employees.It is affecting my job and I really don't like working there any more but I am kind of stuck.If I left,it would be very hard for them to replace me.Should I file charges...

Sexual harassment [ 21 Answers ]

I have the following question. There was a VOLUNTARY christmas party for the employees of the store I work at and we were not on the timeclock as attendees. One of the supervisors got drunk, and while joking put his hand on the knee of one of the girls he surpervises. He has now been put on a...

View more questions Search