Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    canelake Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2007, 05:19 PM
    Ground Wire on Spa Controller
    I just changed the air pressure switch on my SpaBuilders controller for my spa. I noticed that the bare ground wire attached to the left side of the controller was not attached at the other end. I searched, but could not find a likely place to connect this.

Where shall I connect this ground wire on my spa controller?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 12, 2007, 08:03 AM
    The bare ground should also connect to the motor, heater and back to the bare from your feed line. Look for small screw connectors that screw into an aluminium looking block. There should be a similar attaching point at all of the names points. Your breaker should also be a GFI in the panel or sub panel.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electrical wire size for spa [ 12 Answers ]

Hello, I am wiring up my spa and looking at what info I have (GE / Cutler Hammer) they say for a spa (240) use a 50amp breaker (which I have) and use 8/3 size wire. But looking at my spa where you hook the power up it says use 6 AWG minumin? So which should I use from the house to the breaker...

Ground wire [ 1 Answers ]

I have (1)red, (1)black,(1)white wire. The hiuse is 45 years old. Which is ground? pinkwolfe

50 amp ground fault breaker for spa tripping [ 1 Answers ]

I read four similar questions, but I am sure I didn't make any of the mistakes mentioned in their answers. I wired a new service for a used hot tub I recently purchased. I put a paired 50 amp breaker in my main panel and connected them to a 50 amp Cutler Hammer Hot Tub Panel with about two feet...

#12 ground wire for a spa? [ 1 Answers ]

I purchased a used spa from a friend. I am ready to run my electrical connections but I noticed the pig-tail that is on the spa has three 6 or 8 Gage wires for hot and common but the wire that I assume is the ground is only 12 Gage or so. Is this because the ground wire serves only to trip the...

View more questions Search