Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AcelynneRamirah Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2015, 03:22 PM
    I want a different life, I NEED HELP.
    I need someway I can get a different life. I don't have a chance to do anything I ever want or need in this life, don't try and convince me otherwise. Please. I'm trapped here and I need a way to get out of here. PLEASE DON'T ANSWER UNLESS YOU HAVE AN ANSWER. Please. I want to be somewhere else, still me, but not here. Never her. I'll do anything, just give me a way. Thanks for reading <3 Anything.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 5, 2015, 03:26 PM
    How old are you?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 5, 2015, 03:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AcelynneRamirah View Post
    I need someway I can get a different life. I don't have a chance to do anything I ever want or need in this life, don't try and convince me otherwise. Please. I'm trapped here and I need a way to get out of here. PLEASE DON'T ANSWER UNLESS YOU HAVE AN ANSWER. Please. I want to be somewhere else, still me, but not here. Never her. I'll do anything, just give me a way. Thanks for reading <3 Anything.
    First you have to tell us what's not working for you and what you need. We can't help you without a few details. I promise that once you give us something to work with, I'll do what I can to help.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Aug 6, 2015, 07:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by AcelynneRamirah View Post
    Hi.

I don't care about that "Don't answer..." crap you put in your post as you can well tell. This follows the common theme of my post here, you don't always get what you want. That is what being an adult means. I am assuming that you're in your mid teens, give it about 15 or so.

Control is really an illusion when it comes to a great many things in your life. You are presented with a good number of decisions in life and a good number of them are made without a second thought. For example, when I get paid I get a good amount of money. I can do a lot with this money, but I have obligations on that money. Car insurance, House insurance, cell phone bill, utility bill, cable bill, etc. I could decide to pay none of those, take my car, drive to Tijuana, have a bender that will probably violate international law and scandalize most religions, and end up incarcerated somewhere. I won't though. Half the above bills I decieded to enter into a automatic payment agreement and the other half provide me with a service I am keen to continue.

The point is no one always gets to do what they want all the time. You get to do what you want some of the time. That's just life. Second fable for you, My wife has a friend who is constantly complaining, as you are above, about how they're dissatisfied with their life. When presented with the suggestion that if they're so dissatisfied that they should change their life, they shut down and complain that it is too much work and too much uncertainty. They're willing to deal with their self-perceived crappy lives because it gives them them enough happiness and it is safer then plunging into the unknown which could give them something better but might give them something way worse.

I understand the impotent rage you're feeling right now, I have caught myself with that many times over the years. Everyone has. You have a few choices, come to peace with your current station in life. Start the ball rolling on any changes you want to make in your life, i.e. dump your significant other, quit your job, move to the city/the next town over/the next country over, cut your hair, etc. or lastly, continue to be dissatisfied with your lot in life and make sure EVERYONE who is willing to listen knows about it.

TL;DR:
    Quit your complaining and do something about it. If you can't immediately affect change in your life, i.e. you're underage, on probabtion, or have a life situation, then work towards changing your life. Complaining just tires out you and whoever is listening to you.
    Precious7 Posts: 333, Reputation: 61

Aug 6, 2015, 02:27 PM
    What is happening in your life? What you want to do? Where are you trapped? Until we don't know your life circumstances how are we going to help? So provide some information in order to help you. We will help and answer your question.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2015, 03:29 PM
    I agree with Cravenmorhead. You sound like a teenager that thinks the day they turn 18 they get to do everything they want. The reality is they find they get to do almost nothing they want because they have to work hard to pay their bills or they find themselves going hungry and or being forced to live on the street eating out of trash cans and dumpsters. Even those of us who have worked hard for years to get ahead... get to do only SOME things we want to do, most of what we do is what we HAVE to do. Because living in a cardboard box under a bridge and eating garbage would suck a lot worse.

Don't like what you have? YOu study like crazy to get good grades and increase your chances for a good job... find a way to go to college even if you have to pay for it yourself... then work your butt off day and night to get ahead to where you can afford to do more things you might want to do.

But even rich people don't get to do everything they what, whenever they want. If they did they wouldn't have anything because stuff costs money... to get money you have ot work... if you already have money you have to work extra hard because lazy people want to steal if off you.

The world is not a fair place... never was, never will be. Good things go to those who work hard to earn them... nothing in life is free... even as a kid... your STUFF came as a high price someone (your parents) had to work very hard to earn.

Want to be happy?...learn to enjoy what you have now......because you might never get what you want...no matter how hard you work.

There IS a saying "he who dies with the most toys wins".....but it says nothing about if they were happy or not. Stuff doesn't equal happiness....happiness comes with enjoying what you have and making the most of it.

Money doesn't buy happiness...nor does a lot of stuff. If you don't like yourself then NOTHING on this earth..is going to make you happy.

And forget "being someone else". That only happens in movies...you are who you are...that is whom you were born, and that's who m you will die as....

Between those times...you make the most with what you have. And be happy with it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I lost the love of my life, my life doesn't make sense anymore [ 4 Answers ]

I lost mybestfriend and love of my life 2 weeks ago and I don't understand my lifes purpose anymore, we had a connection so strong this doesn't make sense, everything I did in my over the past 22 years was for me however the constant knowing we would be together, we had 3 years to go before...

View more questions Search