Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amy99roo Posts: 37, Reputation: 2

Apr 11, 2007, 09:59 AM
    Did he end things with me.in the name of God?
    Started seeing someone a little over two weeks ago. I have been acquainted with this guy for over ten years. We have been out a few times and spoke on the phone every day or every other day (he would call me). We went out on Friday and had a great time. After our date he asked whether I wanted to come back to his place (things got physical fairly quickly between us). I told him I would if he wanted me to (he had mentioned he was tired earlier in our date).

Things got funny here. He started talking about how he didn't know if he could raise children with someone who didn't believe in god (we briefly talked about religion) and that things happened very quickly between us and he has started relationships with people in the past where he got caught up in the emotions before getting to know the person. He told me my biological clock was ticking (Huh?). He told me he was attracted to me and was just worried if things would work. I asked him if he wanted to slow things down and told him I would be okay with 'whatever happened happened'. He wanted to slow things down. He then continued on to give me reasons as to why things might not work (distance, I might hear bad things from other people about him, etc. etc.). I told him I had been through the limbo in a previous relationship and told him I was not willing to be confused again; asked him what he was trying to tell me. I asked if I was wasting my time (looking for a concrete yes or no from him because it sounded to me he was looking for excuses to 'end' things) and he said he didn't know. He said he always thought God would bring him the one. I responded with 'how can you know whether I'm the one in 2 weeks'. He said he knows in the first second... I asked him what he knew about me. Response: He told me he thought God had brought him a wonderful woman and that she didn't believe in God but did believe in religion and that God had brought me to him to show me 'the path'.

Okay, that entire conversation kind of freaked me out but that response floored me. This was in no way what I expected from him. Normally I would run at this point but I do like this guy and would like to discuss these things with him. I am not religious but am open to it (although not to being shown 'the path'). I left him a voicemail Monday night telling him I respect his beliefs and him and that those things are important to me as well. I told him I'd like to discuss these things if he was willing and I hoped to hear from him again. I have not spoken with him since Friday. I have not heard a peep.

What happened here? Next step?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 11, 2007, 11:11 AM
    My vote is on run,
    NJGirl07 Posts: 38, Reputation: 2

Apr 11, 2007, 12:52 PM
    I think that this guy has commitment phobia... YOu should read into that!
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2007, 01:04 PM
    If the preacher man is telling you to run, then girl you better get out of there!

This guy sounds waaaayyyyy too weird, schizophrenic even.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 11, 2007, 07:23 PM
    If you get a creepy feeling its from me because this guy sounds like he will be your worst nightmare and trust me you don't want to go down the path with him. I vote run like hell!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

God! [ 51 Answers ]

What does God look like? HANK :)

God or Not? [ 30 Answers ]

Is it allowed for us to debate over the creation/evolution? Or if there is a God, or if Allah is God? If not, post your personal beliefs and why you believe that. I thought I Was Lutheran-Christian, but when I was confirmed, I truly asked myself "Why do I believe this?" And my only answer was...

Front-end vs. Back-end Tech Writing [ 4 Answers ]

What's the difference? Can someone give me an example of both? I'm SO confused! :confused: Thanks in advance. -HBG

Name of God [ 133 Answers ]

:rolleyes: What is the name of your God?

View more questions Search