Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alanad123 Posts: 102, Reputation: 5

Jun 25, 2015, 09:08 AM
    Need help from women/mums/nurses/doctors! Help!
    For a week I've had this strange sensation in my stomach and I wasn't able to eat properly for a few days, I was feeling nauseous after eating and was eating close to nothing at all, could I be pregnant? I'moin the "Rigevidon" contraceptive pill and have been for over 2 years, I take it everyday whenever I should, apart from the break week when I get my period, no missed pills, I never have sex when I come off my pill for my period, I come off on the Wednesday and they start on a Sunday, I start my pill again the next Wednesday and my period finishes on the Thursday, I'm sexually active with my boyfriend of 2 years but he has never came inside of me, my periods are regular and normal and I can time them perfectly.I consulted with a pharmacist who said it may just be a stomach bug I've picked up, a then consulted with a doctor (not my own) who said it was probably just a virus, I also called NHS 24 and the nurse told me that my chances of being pregnant are very low, could I be stressing for nothing?I work in a primary school with children aged 5-11 years old so the chances of picking up bugs or infections are pretty high.I just really need to know what's going on, any feedback will do, anything to put my mind at rest, thanks!

Jun 25, 2015, 09:11 AM
    Chances of pregnancy? Help me ladies!
    For a week I've had this strange sensation in my stomach and I wasn't able to eat properly for a few days, I was feeling nauseous after eating and was eating close to nothing at all, could I be pregnant? I'm in the "Rigevidon" contraceptive pill and have been for over 2 years, I take it everyday whenever I should, apart from the break week when I get my period, no missed pills, I never have sex when I come off my pill for my period, I come off on the Wednesday and they start on a Sunday, I start my pill again the next Wednesday and my period finishes on the Thursday, I'm sexually active with my boyfriend of 2 years but he has never came inside of me, my periods are regular and normal and I can time them perfectly.

I consulted with a pharmacist who said it may just be a stomach bug I've picked up, a then consulted with a doctor (not my own) who said it was probably just a virus, I also called NHS 24 and the nurse told me that my chances of being pregnant are very low, could I be stressing for nothing?

I work in a primary school with children aged 5-11 years old so the chances of picking up bugs or infections are pretty high.

I just really need to know what's going on, any feedback will do, anything to put my mind at rest, thanks!
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Jun 25, 2015, 09:33 AM
    Have you missed a period? Taken a pregnancy test? All of these consultations without missing your period, waiting two weeks, then testing for pregnancy with the first urine of the morning is all speculation. If you miss your period then test. If negative, then wait until you miss another period, test again, then see your doctor whether your results are positive or negative.

Jun 25, 2015, 09:58 AM
    No missed periods, no missed pills, the doctor sent away a urine sample to test for pregnancy and I'm waiting on the results.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 25, 2015, 02:48 PM
    NO ONE can answer this yet. Chances are that you are NOT PREGNANT! Worry can throw your hormones and periods off.

You have to kick yourself into the realization that there is no pill, no tubal ligation, nothing except abstaining 100% from sexual intercourse that guarantees that you won't get pregnant.
    It's all about PROBABILITIES. You probably are not pregnant.
    This is what you have to tell yourself for the rest of your fertile life.

(And could you please not post about this and your tummy separately? Your body is all one body. It isn't fair to people here.)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 25, 2015, 11:34 PM
    First if taken 100 percent correct, no birth control is 100 percent, so even using 2 forms of birth control, pregnancy can happen. (if you have sex)

Next, taking pregnancy tests unless you have missed a period, really is not needed. The first sign of pregnancy will be a missed period. I would have considered the flu, or other virus long before pregnancy.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2015, 07:00 AM
    While pregnancy is a possibility, simply because you have sex, it is not the most likely cause. Many women do experience symptoms before a missed period, but most won't test for pregnancy unless they miss a period or have been actively trying to become pregnant.

See what your results are, but again with using birth control correctly, and not missing a period, odds are low that pregnancy is the cause for your discomfort. Primary schools are notorious germ factories, making it more likely to be the source.
    Hope you are feeling better soon!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My mums pregnancey [ 4 Answers ]

My mum is 6 and a half months pregnant and she's getting a sharp pain on her let hand side just under your lungs or somewhere around there! What do you think it is because she is in a lot of pain and I just want to help her?

Why do female doctors earn signficantly less than male doctors? [ 2 Answers ]

What are the reasons for this difference? What evidence would support that part of the difference is due to bias/discrimination?

Doctors, Nurses, or anyone educated in the medical field please help me... [ 12 Answers ]

I am supposed to be 19 weeks pregnant as of Saturday my last period was November 19th I had an ultra sound at 7 weeks and 2 days everything was fine and measuring correctly at 17 weeks they listened to my baby's heart beat with the doppler and it was 147. 3 days a go I went to the docter for an...

Hello nurses doctors and anyone else with insight [ 9 Answers ]

I have a friend, who has been asking around about her symptoms that she says she has. I personally think she is overthnking things a lot, seeing what's not there, etc. BUT I'm not a doctor. And I told her I would ask for her. Here is her email to me.

How can I get my mums trust? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 14 and I really want my mum to trust me. I've been getting into trouble at school and now am grounded. My mum doesn't like my friends because they smoke and drink and stuff but she doesn't know I do. I just want her trust so I can go out with my friends.

View more questions Search