Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jammy23 Posts: 545, Reputation: 0

May 25, 2015, 07:58 PM
    Broken record player/CD
    I have a collection of vinyl and have a victrola/record player that accommodates
    Both vinyl and CD's and Cassettes.

When I put in a CD it pops out. It won't play because it just opens up.
    I tried to force it closed, but it doesn't stay. What causes this?
    Set is too old to return. The record player works just fine.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

May 26, 2015, 07:01 PM
    Try getting some canned air and blowing it out really good and see if that helps. Also check the mech on there to see if it is binding.
    jammy23 Posts: 545, Reputation: 0

May 26, 2015, 08:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cdad View Post
    Try getting some canned air and blowing it out really good and see if that helps. Also check the mech on there to see if it is binding.
    Thank you but I'm afraid I don't understand your instructions... blow canned
    Air... where? What is binding? Sorry, I am so technically challenged. But thanks
    For getting back to me.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

May 27, 2015, 09:16 AM
    You blow the air inside the CD player. Also on the sides of the tray there is a track the tray slides on. Make sure it is not jamming up.

Look with a flashlight inside and see if anything is broken or appears missing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I record more than 1 minute with Sound Player? [ 4 Answers ]

We're trying to record from our pa system onto the computer but sound player only goes for one minute. Is there any way to lengthen the record time? What is the least expensive way to go if we must buy a program. We don't need any bells and whistles. Thanks

Broken record cheating again [ 9 Answers ]

Hello everyone, 34/F I am new to this site and I am so glad I found it I hope my story can help someone too, not just me! I just need vent I am so confused and scared, sometimes I feel like such a fool. Well this is my story I am with my boyfriend for 3 years now and I caught him cheating on me...

Record player Diagram [ 2 Answers ]

I have been trying to find a circuit diagram for a simple transistor based record player that is easy to build but have found it to be a very difficult task. When I was younger I had a portable record player from the 1970's but it got stolen, and now I just want to build a new one. Please help!

View more questions Search