Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Keneedrak Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2015, 05:47 PM
    What's going on
    Hey , I have a missed period positive ovulation test and negative pregnancy test what's going on
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 1, 2015, 05:54 PM
    How late is your period? When did you test?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 1, 2015, 05:54 PM
    It may be too early to test, or you tested wrong.

How late is your period?

Apr 1, 2015, 06:02 PM
    The last period I had was about the 22 of February so my period is about a week and a couple of days late, and I tested today and yesterday... and this is the first time I ever had a late period
    Expert

Apr 1, 2015, 06:04 PM
    At this point you should wait until your next period is due. Remember to test using first morning urine and read the results in the time specified on the box.

Until that time, treat yourself as if you are pregnant.

Apr 1, 2015, 06:07 PM
    Should I always use my first morning urine ? And I'm asking all these questions because this has never happened to me before lol and I have never been pregnant..
    Pets Expert

Apr 1, 2015, 06:07 PM
    It can take some women a long time to get a positive result from a home pregnancy test. Some women never do, not even a week before delivering their child.

At this point I'd start prenatal vitamins (they won't harm you at all, but if you're pregnant they can make all the difference for a healthy baby), no drinking, no smoking, no hot baths, just treat yourself as if you got a positive.

Wait and see what happens with your next period. If you miss it test again, or get a blood test done (a blood test is more accurate).

Good luck.

Apr 1, 2015, 06:09 PM
    Thanks for the advice!
    Pets Expert

Apr 1, 2015, 06:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Keneedrak View Post
    Should I always use my first morning urine ? And I'm asking all these questions because this has never happened to me before lol and I have never been pregnant..
    First morning urine is more concentrated since it's been in your system all night. Therefore the Hcg hormone will be more concentrated as well. Hcg is only produced during pregnancy, it's the hormone that the test is looking for.

If you test later in the day your urine is less concentrated, more diluted. The test may not pick up the Hcg hormone, even if you are in fact pregnant.

For a reliable result it's best to use first morning urine.

Apr 1, 2015, 06:19 PM
    I may have tested wrong , I never used my morning urine I didn't really know if it made a difference lol... but I'll just take another test I guest.. and one more question what does a positive ovulation test prove I had mistaken that for a pregnancy test early
    Pets Expert

Apr 1, 2015, 06:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Keneedrak View Post
    I may have tested wrong , I never used my morning urine I didn't really know if it made a difference lol... but I'll just take another test I guest.. and one more question what does a positive ovulation test prove I had mistaken that for a pregnancy test early
    An ovulation test shows when you're ovulating. When you're ovulating is the prime time to conceive. Doesn't mean that you will conceive just because you're ovulating. It means the egg has dropped and is ready to fertilize. It's not a guarantee that the egg will be fertilized, or that it will implant.

Your best chance at conceiving is when you're ovulating. A positive ovulation test means that you were ovulating when you tested. If you had sex on that day then you increased your chances of pregnancy. But it's not a sure thing. It doesn't mean the egg was fertilized, and it doesn't mean that the egg implanted after being fertilized. It's just a tool to make sure you have sex on the optimum days in order to conceive.

Apr 1, 2015, 06:25 PM
    And I have so much anxiety inside of me lol

Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    An ovulation test shows when you're ovulating. When you're ovulating is the prime time to conceive. Doesn't mean that you will conceive just because you're ovulating. It means the egg has dropped and is ready to fertilize. It's not a guarantee that the egg will be fertilized, or that it will implant.

Your best chance at conceiving is when you're ovulating. A positive ovulation test means that you were ovulating when you tested. If you had sex on that day then you increased your chances of pregnancy. But it's not a sure thing. It doesn't mean the egg was fertilized, and it doesn't mean that the egg implanted after being fertilized. It's just a tool to make sure you have sex on the optimum days in order to conceive.
    Okay Thanksss !
    Expert

Apr 1, 2015, 06:25 PM
    Using morning urine makes a big difference. The pregnancy hormone HCG is more concentrated because you have been sleeping all night and there is more in your urine. By using day or evening urine you run the risk of a false negative because you have been drinking and peeing all day. Therefore your are pending out the pregnancy hormone throughout the day, or diluting it with whatever you are drinking.

Apr 4, 2015, 02:18 PM
    What should I do
    Still no period but increase of discharge, it doesn't have a smell or color .whats going on ?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2015, 08:40 AM
    Might be wise to see your doctor to put your mind at ease. They may decide to have you get a blood test for pregnancy. It can also be just an irregular cycle, which may happen now and then.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search