Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Thinkaboutit Posts: 270, Reputation: 5

Mar 10, 2015, 11:09 AM
    Need Help
    I've had one of those days where everything has gone wrong I can't seem to do anything right. I'm at a point where I just can't do it anymore I've tried so hard to change who I am and how I think so I can be a better person, but it doesn't matter. I'm so angry and hurt that I just don't care at the moment I don't want to feel anything right now. I don't know what to do? I can't go back home right now I need to be away from there everything is such a friggin mess
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 10, 2015, 11:38 AM
    (Teen)

As is common for kids your age, you aren't telling us anything. Everything wrong, nothing right, can't do it anymore, tried to change, nothing matters.... angry and hurt.
    Try to explain the last word in that string: name 2 things that hurt. (Anger is a result of hurt, so leave that out.)

Mar 10, 2015, 12:26 PM
    Its all good now I feel better now was just feeling lost on what to do but I'll figure it out. I shouldn't care anyway
    current pert

Mar 10, 2015, 12:29 PM
    I shouldn't care anyway - that's an express pass to more hurt and more anger.
    Tell us...

Mar 10, 2015, 12:57 PM
    Seriously it's all good just going to take some time out away from it all if I could erase my question I would but I can't. Just need to stop thinking for a bit
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Mar 10, 2015, 02:10 PM
    You've been making quite a few changes lately, give yourself some time to adjust to a new way of doing things, and that includes how you think about things and how you react to them. Don't be so hard on yourself. Expect some good days and some not so good days. You'll get angry, you'll get your feelings hurt, you'll feel things just aren't going your way sometimes... It's perfectly normal for everyone, but seems to often be magnified during the teen years.

You are developing who you are, and you will likely change some more over the next few years as you mature even more. It's okay, really. Try not to let the bumps along the way throw you off your path of becoming the kind of person you want to be.

Mar 11, 2015, 12:10 AM
    Thanks thinking maybe this was one of these times I should have thought a little better, I was just so angry I thought the best thing was to go away for a while. I'm waiting at the train station me dads tried ringing me 5 times I'm afraid to answer him. I know me school would reported me absent he will be even more pissed at me now. I brought a ticket to me mums it'll take two days to get there, train boards in half an hour. Don't know if I should stay and just go home and face me dad or get on the train and face it later when I get to me mums I really need to talk to her and just get out of that house, but I suppose she will probably be mad at me to. I don't know what to do. Doesn't matter anyway I suppose I'm screwed either way
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Mar 11, 2015, 02:46 AM
    Yep, probably should have thought about it some more before acting. Do your best to avoid knee jerk reactions when things don't go your way, or you get angry, that seldom turns out well. If you need to talk to your mum, better to have said something instead of taking off, or give her a call, email, etc?

Go home and deal with the problem. Don't make it worse by missing school and avoiding your fathers phone calls. At the very least, call him and let him know what is going on, and call your mother too.
    current pert

Mar 11, 2015, 03:00 AM
    You walk out of school, don't answer your dad's calls, and say he's going to be PISSED????
    Wow, wake up kid and stop all this harmful drama. Sure, pissed to hide his HURT AND WORRY.
    You really don't care that he is suffering horribly, imagining all sorts of things that could have happened to you?

I know that by now you either got on the train or you didn't.
    Which was it?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 11, 2015, 03:31 AM
    Really bad choices,
    If you want time away, you tell your dad, and arrange to do the work at the school.

You do it without, you are behind at school, maybe get worst grades, dad is mad, you lose evveryones trust

Really bad choices,
    If you want time away, you tell your dad, and arrange to do the work at the school.

You do it without, you are behind at school, maybe get worst grades, dad is mad, you lose evveryones trust

Mar 11, 2015, 05:22 AM
    I went home and faced me da, he wasn't very happy. There goes the whole trying to get him to trust me out the window I don't even care I given up on that. He can say what ever he wants ground me I couldn't care less. I didn't just walk out of school I just never went to school. I was so mad I didn't really care to be honest I just wanted to get away from them yelling at me for no reason I can't deal with them going off at me for no reason these people think they know me, they know nothing about me so how can they say the things they do. Why can't they just talk to me instead of jumping straight in to the yelling I felt like stuff them all, everything I'm try and to them I'm still the bad person if something is missing or gone wrong must be my fault. I don't fit into his new family and I doubt I ever will. I sat at the train thinking about it all if I go to me mums house things there ain't much better I love me mum she's so easy to talk to always listens but I hate her boyfriend and I just can't stand him he gives me the creeps, I can't even talk to me mum about any of this she would just get upset and I can't do that to her. Anyway done now. Need to learn to just do the opposite of what I think I should do when I'm pissed or upset.
    current pert

Mar 11, 2015, 09:16 AM
    I am so totally sorry that each of your parents has a new spouse or bf/gf.
    Life isn't fair, is it?
    My parents stayed together and fought tooth and nail, constantly, and I wished they would get a divorce.
    (I would have wanted to stay with my dad, but of course the courts decide, and they would have made me go with my mother.)
    That was a million years ago, when divorce was still rare.
    So... I do feel for you.
    And I do believe you that people just yell without knowing you.
    One thing you need to know: being free after turning 18 doesn't really change anything. Life gets even more unfair in many ways.
    That's one reason why parents get so frustrated - they're trying to prepare you.
    But no one can really tell a teenager anything, can they?

Mar 11, 2015, 09:54 AM
    I don't care if me parents have new partners it doesn't bother me although I just don't like me mums boyfriend. I have nothing against me step mum I don't even really know her I don't think she likes me or likes having me in her house and I really don't blame her I've made quite a few mistakes and been really bratty I suppose. I'm just trying to be a better person and change the way I think about things and how I act lol guess I'm not doing to good on that one. I just have to not worry about what people think of me it's just hard when its me own family. I don't mean to but I get defensive when people yell at me I hate it when I haven't done anything wrong. It's so hard not to say anything back and now I've made stuff worse by not shutting me mouth. I just wanted to leave so I didn't make anything worse. I just really want to see me mum I've been here for just over a year and I miss her. I know life won't be easy when I'm older but I'm trying to get me together how so I can at least have a good start.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search