Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Adoredevotion Posts: 44, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2007, 07:07 PM
    Low estrogen Level
    My friend is 26 years old and in the past year has been having dizziness, heart palpatations, and fatigue. She has undergone extensive testing for low sugar levels and just recently during a 6 hour glucose tolerance test her test revelaed her sugar dropped in the last 2 hours and that her estrogen levels were low. There are times when her sugar is normal but still continues to experience the above symptoms. Could this be related to the low estrogen levels?? What is the best health intervention that she could possible take and should she be consulting a endocrinologist for this issue?

Sincerely,

Adoredevotion
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 9, 2007, 07:09 PM
    It would be wise to consult an endocrinologist. Has she had her thyroid tested? The thyroid, if not working properly, can "mess" with all other systems in the body.

Apr 9, 2007, 07:13 PM
    My friend has got the whole CBC and Chem 7 done as well as the thyroid tested with everything in normal limits. She as well as my other friends are concerned becauset these symptoms are not resolving. SHe has also had a cat scan and has seen a neurologist with all results coming back normal. I am beginning to wonder if it is not vertigo and maybe she should seek the advice of an ENT. I also think that when these symptoms present themselves and persist and her sugar is fine she stresses herself out to the point that she had an anxiety attack... any ideas?

Sincerely,
    Adoredevotion
    Expert

Apr 9, 2007, 07:14 PM
    Vertigo, vertigo, vertigo...

Hold on, let me think...

Menier's Disease!! Has she been tested for that. If she is suffering from any sort of vertigo this is one thing that she should be tested for.

Apr 9, 2007, 07:18 PM
    Ahhh Eureka what a possibility. I never thought to attribute her symptoms to an inner ear issue. It would be interesting to ask her if she has a history of inner ear infections as a child. Will keep you posted.

Thank you Kindly,
    Adoredevotion
    Expert

Apr 9, 2007, 07:19 PM
    Please do. I would be very interested to find out if my brainstorm was anywhere near correct. I just guessed since you mentioned vertigo.

Apr 10, 2007, 01:55 PM
    /sigh what to do I told my friend to seek the attention of an ENT as well as a gynocologist to examine further the dizziness and low estrogen levels (possibly the low estrogen levels are merely fixed through birth control pills). She seems a little resistive to the ideas thinking that it has to be something else.
    Expert

Apr 10, 2007, 01:56 PM
    What does she think it could be?

Apr 10, 2007, 02:11 PM
    Honestly she hasn't the slightest idea. Everything that she has thought it could be has come back fine: the cat scan, her first 2 hour glucose tolerance test, the CBC, the Chem 7. I understand that with the 6 hour glucose tolerance test her sugar dropped in the last 2 hours and that her estrogen levels were low. Her symptoms though primarily seem to stem from the dizziness which leads to rapid heart beat. I think that she gets nervous when these things occur and breaks out into an anxiety attack which subsequently causes her fatigue. I am only basing this off my medical training... with my last idea being that of the vertigo which we discussed. Obviously I cannot force her to seek further medical advice from an ENT or OB/GYN. My last resort to to adivse her to seek the attention of a psychologist or psychiatrist.
    Expert

Apr 10, 2007, 02:14 PM
    I really think you are on the right path here. But to get her to do that might be tricky.

Apr 10, 2007, 02:16 PM
    This I know... and thank you so much for your input and support during this. It is greatly appreciated. Will keep you updated as results and appointments reveal themselves.

Sincerely,
    Adoredevotion
    Expert

Apr 10, 2007, 02:18 PM
    Oh, yes, please do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low Pressure and Low Flow Water Supply [ 4 Answers ]

I recently moved into a house that is about 6 years old. The house sits upon a small hill. The water pressure is 40 psi at the street and the flow rate is 13 gpm. At the house, the pressure is about 30 psi and the flow rate is 3.5 gpm. The house is higher than the street level, but the...

Low water level in toilet [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently installed a new toilet upstairs, and the water level in the basin is constantly too low. When the toilet is flushed, the water disappears very quickly, and then goes back slowly to its original level. The other toilet I've installed in the room next door works fine. Both soil pipes...

Low HCG Level [ 0 Answers ]

I found I am pregnant and the first day of my last period is 12/2/04. I went to the hospital because of pain and they said I had a bacteria infection, that maybe causing the pain. They tested my hcg level and the doctor said it was too low, it had a level of 73. She said either I am too early or...

Buying a car on low income with low responsibility [ 0 Answers ]

I am a student. The car that my parents bought for me doesn't run anymore. I want to buy a new car. My parents have bad credit. My grandparents pay for my schooling, but they will not buy me a car. I only make $5000 to $7500 a year. I have no real financial responsibilities. All of my income is...

View more questions Search