Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jordyncrutcher Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2015, 05:52 PM
    20 weeks pregnant baby pass drug test when born?
    Hello. I will be 20 weeks pregnant on Sunday and I was wondering if my boyfriend shotguned me with weed twice would my baby fail his drug test whenever he is born-the stool one? I use to smoke weed but quit at 18.3 weeks to keep him clean but slipped up today.. Now I am just worried even if I don't touch it again he will fail his first stool test.. Can you please let me know if he could have a chance of not failing it?
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2015, 06:42 PM
    You seem very concerned about gettng caught by the test. Does any part of you recognize that you have your priorities screwed up? Is this boyfriend the father of the year to be?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 27, 2015, 06:51 PM
    What a great start for a baby. You are sad!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 27, 2015, 06:53 PM
    The baby will test positive. Meconium drug tests go back 4 - 5 months.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Feb 27, 2015, 11:24 PM
    It's great that you have no concern of what will actually happen to the baby from doing drugs but you are more concerned about being caught. What a wonderful parent you are going to be. Another unwanted child being brought into this world at a disadvantage before they even have a chance.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 27, 2015, 11:59 PM
    I have to agree with Odinn. You are more concerned about being caught doing drugs while pregnant than you are the effects of said drugs are on the fetus.

If pot gets you high, as an adult (just assuming you are not a child), what do you think it does to your baby? Do you realize that this baby will go through withdrawals? Are you prepared to handle that? It's not easy to deal with a neonate going through withdrawals.

Some locations are prosecuting pregnant women who abuse drugs with child endangerment and abuse. Apparently the drug is more important than the child.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 28, 2015, 12:35 AM
    If you are "shotgunning" you are still using, and it was not an accident, it was a choice.
    The baby will test positive, if they have a reason to test.
    You may wish to consider a program to help you withdraw and making the boyfriend stop smoking in your home, getting all drugs out of your home, to make a positive home for the baby.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will I pass an EtG test if I had 6 beers Friday night and took a drug test Monday [ 0 Answers ]

Will I pass an ETG test that was sent to a lab , if I drank 6 beers Friday night till about 12am then took the EtG test Monday at about 10pm...

Will I pass my drug test if I took percocet 4 days prior to the test? [ 6 Answers ]

Yes I'm an idiot. A week or so ago I got black out drunk and ended up taking one perc 5. Sure enough 4 days later I had a urine test. I did drink a gallon of gatorade and a gallon of water two days before the test and drank a decent amount of fluids the other three days. And a couple shots the...

Will I pass my drug test? [ 4 Answers ]

I am a 5"5' 150 lbs female and I drink fairly regularly (about 2-3 days a week). Yesterday I consumed 3 12oz beers between 6 and 7pm and had 1/4 a beer around 11pm. I had to give a urine sample this morning at 10:30am. Will the alcohol show up on my drug test?

Will I pass my drug test if I took percocet 4 days prior to the test? [ 2 Answers ]

Yes I'm an idiot. A week or so ago I got black out drunk and ended up taking one perc 5. Sure enough 4 days later I had a urine test. I did drink a gallon of gatorade and a gallon of water two days before the test and drank a decent amount of fluids the other three days. And a couple shots the...

Can I pass my drug test [ 3 Answers ]

I have smoked pot on a reg. basis for years. Usually every night before bed. I haven't smoked in 2 and half weeks and I have to take a drug test tomorrow. I weigh under 120 pounds. It might be a urine test or blood test not sure which. What should I do?

View more questions Search