Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chin-Chee Posts: 51, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2015, 12:04 PM
    What Should I do?
    Making a longer story short I am wondering what I need to do.. for a while I have been struggling with depression. I see a psychiatrist every 2 months for medication checks and just started seeing a new female therapist last week. These past 2 weeks I have been so depressed it's crazy.. I can't get out of bed to go to school, barely go to work, and I sleep and lay down all the time because I have no energy to do anything else. The last time it got like this I was in impatient for 4 days and it helped me a lot, and I have been debating doing it again but I am not sure. I've started cutting again because nothing else is seeming to help me and I just want to die to get away from all this. Please any advice.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Feb 23, 2015, 01:43 PM
    Has the therapist helped any?

If it is getting to the point where you're cutting I would do the inpatient thing.
    Chin-Chee Posts: 51, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2015, 01:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CravenMorhead View Post
    Has the therapist helped any?

If it is getting to the point where you're cutting I would do the inpatient thing.

I only seen her once, and sadly I don't see her until next week and she doesn't know. My doctor I may see tomorrow and I'm debating if I need to tell her.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 23, 2015, 02:43 PM
    Of course you tell her, and be honest about your past history also.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Feb 23, 2015, 03:25 PM
    In order for a therapist to be useful you need to be completely and deathly honest with them. Including if it is embarrassing or cause anxiety. They can only do their job if you're honest, if you're not then that knowledge will hurt their ability to help you.

It would be like going in to see the doctor because of sharp stabbing pains in your stomach and telling them that everything is okay. There has be to ABSOLUTE clarity and complete transparency on your part. You are going to these people because you've recognized that you need help, to get that help you need to give them EVERYTHING you can so that they can help you.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Feb 24, 2015, 06:11 AM
    While going through therapy of any kind, there will be ups and downs, but when the downs, particularly, begin to take over, and you are no longer making progress, it is time to tell your therapist- immediately- the exact situation you find yourself in, now.

The help you have received so far, I am assuming has helped. Don't think of this situation as losing all that you have gained, but rather a relapse into a place where you don't want to be. In order to get back and functioning better, you will need the help of your therapist.

If it helps to get all the words out, simply copy your post, and hand it to your Doctor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search