Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LEANN1381 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2007, 01:32 PM
    Passport for a convicted felon
    My fiancé and I want to get married on a cruise ship in apr of '08. Since the laws have changed we have to get passports. He is a convicted felon for dui/manslaughter. It has been almost 6yrs since the accident. Can he get a passport? If so do we apply as normal or are there other steps that should be taken?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 9, 2007, 01:34 PM
    Hello L:

Apply as normal (there isn't any other way). If they gave ME one, and they did, he'll get one.

excon
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2007, 01:42 PM
    excon is right, there is no reason he cannot obtain a passport. You have to provide proof of citizenship (birth certificate) and another form of ID (driver's license will work).

You can download the form from the Department of State website here Application for Passport: DS 11
    Photos are available at most major chain drug stores or the Post Office in some areas.

Getting married outside US jurisdiction is a whole other ball of wax. My girlfriend tried what you are attempting and it was such a pain that they decided to have the legal marriage done by a Justice of the Peace before leaving and had the pretty ceremony (that wasn't legal) and reception on board the ship.
    Asiafields Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2011, 10:40 AM
    Comment on excon's post
    How long ago did u get one
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 6, 2011, 10:49 AM

Hello A:

Couple years.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Passport for convicted felon [ 3 Answers ]

Can a convicted felon get a passport?

Convicted felon adoption? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, my aunt and uncle are looking to do a private adoption they have found a person (someone they know) that is going to have a baby and wants to adopt this child out because of medical issues. My question is... my uncle is a convicted felon about 10 or more years ago. All I remember about what...

Convicted Felon [ 6 Answers ]

Hello All I have a federal felony for Bank Fraud. I'm currentlty on probatin and It will end December 2008. So my felony will be on my record once my probation is over. Now I'm engaged and my Fiance' is enlisted in the United States Air Force. His orders will send him oversea's More than likely to...

I am a convicted felon [ 5 Answers ]

I live in the state of California so if anyone can help me please or give me any advive I would appriecate it very much. I am a recovering addict. I have almost five years clean. When I was using, I was a totally different person and went a little crazy, stupid crazy. Anyway, I was convicted of...

Convicted Felon [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a convicted felon. I would like to marry my boyfriend that is not a native or a resident of the united States. Is there a waiting period for me to file for his residency?

View more questions Search