Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Randomer391 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2015, 09:40 AM
    Is this normal for an 11 year old?
    I am 11 years old have only ever felt anger or amusement I am great at lying and being manipulative which is not a bad thing and I nearly killed someone last time someone annoyed me although it was his own fault for it and I don't care what happens to him or anyone as I could kill even my own family without a second thought. I have had a standard childhood so far and I would like to know is this normal? And some additional info is that I consider myself superior to most people because they feel other emotions like love and empathy but I am not burdened because I don't feel them so yeah I would say I am superior.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jan 11, 2015, 10:40 AM
    You've said a lot about yourself in a short paragraph.

Can you add a paragraph about how others see you? Your parents, siblings, friends, teachers?

You say you are angry and manipulative, and violent. You apparently nearly killed a person, and could easily kill your family.

You feel no other emotions, and that makes you feel superior. You aren't burdened with normal emotions, and you are left with what you describe as the functioning you.

You don't paint a very good picture.

But, the picture you do paint, has me thinking there is certainly either a lot of exaggeration, and most certainly no explanation as to you found yourself to be in this shape. It sounds like you could be put in the wild and survive quite nicely.

With a 'standard' childhood as you put it, I assume you had good parenting, went to school regularly, and you were fed, clothed and had a roof over your head, and probably a lot more.

So, what's the real story here? When did normal emotion turn off in the land of the living, and anger, manipulation and violence took over.

What have your parents done to try to address the obvious change in you. Have you been to therapy? Have you been diagnosed with a psychiatric illness? Have you ever been treated? Are you being treated now?

More information would be helpful.

Jan 11, 2015, 12:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake2008 View Post
    You've said a lot about yourself in a short paragraph.

Can you add a paragraph about how others see you? Your parents, siblings, friends, teachers?

You say you are angry and manipulative, and violent. You apparently nearly killed a person, and could easily kill your family.

You feel no other emotions, and that makes you feel superior. You aren't burdened with normal emotions, and you are left with what you describe as the functioning you.

You don't paint a very good picture.

But, the picture you do paint, has me thinking there is certainly either a lot of exaggeration, and most certainly no explanation as to you found yourself to be in this shape. It sounds like you could be put in the wild and survive quite nicely.

With a 'standard' childhood as you put it, I assume you had good parenting, went to school regularly, and you were fed, clothed and had a roof over your head, and probably a lot more.

So, what's the real story here? When did normal emotion turn off in the land of the living, and anger, manipulation and violence took over.

What have your parents done to try to address the obvious change in you. Have you been to therapy? Have you been diagnosed with a psychiatric illness? Have you ever been treated? Are you being treated now?

More information would be helpful.
    My mum thinks of me as a standard child probably because I never really speak to her. My friends think of me as a weirdo who is not exactly able to hold back on words probably because I call people who are crying in front of me a crybaby when it is there fault for being weak and because of all my jokes about death, cannibalism, dead baby's and destroying stuff. My teachers think of me as a smart child who occasionaly assaults people gets told off and does it again and who threatens people.

As for an explanation on how I found myself in this shape is that I have always felt like this thought it was average and then the teacher goes on anout how you should feel guilty if you hurt peoples feelings and then thought I don't feel guilty after I do stuff like that and that's basically why I posted this to see how normal this is.

I have always kind of been able to control my anger and my mum would blame it on me not taking my medicine for my congenital ardrenal hyperplasia which is a fancy name for there is too much testosterone in you so your bones age like hell and when you don't take medicine you feel great and angry. My medicine essentially makes me feel calmer and less sick because not taking my medicine makes me feel sick. I do get angry easily while taking normal medicine just I become non angry easier since without medicine I am usually angry for about half an hour and wanting to shout at anyone who talks to me for a bit longer. With my medicine I am usually angry for around 5 minutes which is a big difference.

The reason nobody has notice my behaviour is because I try my best to hide it although I sometimes cant help but laughing when someone talks about their grandpa dying ahhh stupid old man or commenting about how weak someone is when I throw a basketball full force at their face and they cry and say sorry even though I don't feel sorry. Who doesn't throw the ball back at their face it is standard logic and self defence. I am also pretty sure it is obvious why they don't notice I manipulate them or lie to them because all I am doing is letting them hear what they want to hear I don't care about their reactions because they are happy all I care about is that they get better at doing what I want to them to do which is back me up when is autistic idiot is saying I would punch him and I did say it and these other people who think they are my friends are saying I would never do something like that when I did it is amazing.

Trust me there is no exaggeration in this story it is all true.

There has been no other emotions other than amusement or anger I just learned to act out these feelings which is pretty difficult but makes it easier to control them.

There has been no change other than me getting better at acting out emotions so I have not been diagnosed with anything. The only reason as stated before for this question was to see how normal I am and from your reply j am pretty not normal which is great because then there's less of a chance they will see through my act.

Enough info for you?

Jan 11, 2015, 12:24 PM
    Also some other stuff about friends. I only have 2 friends both are also pretty violent so its pretty normal that we are friends. I act as if I am friends to other people but I do that for self amusement. 1 of the 2 friends I described were the person I nearly killed by strangling him and nearly throwing him in front of a car that was going quite quickly more details below.

He was annoying me so I went up to him in the middle of a road and started strangling him full force and his face looked like a tomato it was so red. After that I saw a car coming so I got to the pavement while still strangling him and the car was going about 20 mph since it was near my school. As I get ready to throw him I accidentally loosen my grip and he gets away. He was panting like a dog afterward and he should have realised how lucky he was the way I was throwing him he either would have hut his skull or spine depending on how much power I used and if it had been the skull he would probably have died same with the spine although he could have been just paralysed which isn't as fun as him dying.
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91

Jan 11, 2015, 12:34 PM
    Is it normal? NO Is it BS? Maybe. Is it the sign of a sick person? YES. If this is true, this young man is one warped guy.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 11, 2015, 04:56 PM
    Yiu have both fallen for a TROLL
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 11, 2015, 05:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Randomer391 View Post

Enough info for you?
    You just wasted my time. I prefer to discourse with normal people. You don't shock me.

Jan 11, 2015, 05:06 PM
    Thanks, Tickle for saving us. Since I am on probation, I could not call BS alone.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 11, 2015, 05:37 PM
    He even said right off:
    I am great at lying and being manipulative
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 11, 2015, 05:42 PM
    Ya, if this "kid" is 11, than I'm 14. No 11 year old, no matter how bright, writes the way this poster does. This is total bull.

Also, if he doesn't give a crap about anyone or anything, like he claims, than why care if this is normal?

I smell a troll.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 11, 2015, 05:45 PM
    I'm willing to take the long shot and give the benefit of the doubt. CAH is rare but not that rare. Have you shown signs of puberty? What is the name of your medication? What country are you in?
    I'm not seeing too much of a connection to you being a self-described budding sociopath, however. Sure, hormones out of whack do strange things.
    I'm also finding it hard to believe that your family is so casual about you not taking your medication, and your school not knowing about your violence, and telling your parents.
    If they cared enough to take you to doctors and get this diagnosed, not something easily done, then they would be more attentive.
    So... the story isn't quite adding up to a believable picture.

(I've said this about 3 times now - I got slapped around here a year or two ago for calling out a troll directly to the OP. Told to report only.)

Jan 11, 2015, 06:03 PM
    I agree, it is to perfect which made it very unbelievable. Can't imagine an 11 year old with such a grasp of words. Also, you would think if a person is such a bad azz his school learning would be lacking.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 11, 2015, 06:45 PM
    Hell no its not normal so since your question has been answered that's the end of this crap!

Yes thats enough for me!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is it normal for a 15 year old to feel like this? [ 2 Answers ]

I've been searching similar questions and their answers and reading on depression and such things... but I'm 15 and I'm really confused, and kind of scared. I think I'm usually actually a very happy, enthusiastic person. But sometimes when I'm alone or get home from school, I just tend to break...

10 year old not as energetic as normal [ 0 Answers ]

Hi I have a 10 year old boy, who usually is so full of life & outgoing energetic etc, from moment he came in from school after homework would be out playing, About two weeks ago, he got a bad dose of vomiting that went on for 2-3 days, he was admired to hospital with threatened appendices, but...

Is it normal for an 11 year old to date a 13 year old? [ 14 Answers ]

I have a crush on this girl but I'm 13 and she's 11. She's the only girl I've ever loved and I have known her since I was a young girl(8). My parents aren't a prob unless boys are involved so it just matters if its right or not, I just want some adult advice

My 4 year old Spits up. Is that Normal? [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: My 4 Year old Has Been Spitting up Lately.. Its Kind of Like Throw up But a Very Little Bit of it. I know Babies that are like 0 to 7 months Spit up After Eating and Burping. But at 4 Years Old?? I am Getting Kind of Worried about her spitting up. Is This Normal or Should I Go to the ER...

View more questions Search