Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Roscoebird59 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2014, 08:41 AM
    Can I sell antique genuine ivory and ebony upright piano keys.
    Is anyone interested in genuine ivory and ebony antique piano keys? Circa late 1800's Malcolm Love (Waterloo, NY) upright piano (photo available). Complete keys with ivory and ebony attached with a few extra reclaimed keytops from another antique piano.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 22, 2014, 08:58 AM
    You can sell limited amounts of real ivory, and piano keys are one of the items you can sell (in the US).
    Not here though - ebay is a good place to sell. I have done quite a bit.

I just looked at ebay policy (they change it a lot) and see the same old rule about "pre-1900 ivory that is 5% or less of the item." I see NO ivory keys for sale, only whole pianos with ivory keys. So I have a feeling that keys alone are removed from listings.

Sorry. I would contact various piano restorers around the country, privately.

You could list the whole piano, say the keys are removed, and wait for smart shoppers to contact you and say 'ditch the piano,' I suppose. But be careful.
    Roscoebird59 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2014, 09:38 AM
    Thank you.

Thank you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

ivory piano keys 1906 piano [ 1 Answers ]

1906 original Fisher piano.

Can I sell ivory piano keys? [ 14 Answers ]

Our local hall have been trying to figure out the best way to dispose of an old piano which is no longer in use because it has nothing going for it when it comes to playing it. It was decided we try to sell the keys separately to make some money for the hall but no one knew whether this was legal...

Can I sell ivory keys from an old 1880 piano? [ 1 Answers ]

I was wanting to know if I could sell the ivory piano keys from my old upright Starr piano. They have a yellowish tent to them and I wasn't sure if that was all right? I don't know much about ivory piano keys, I hear they don't make them anymore. Illegal? I am not sure really. I am actually...

Real Ivory and Ebony Piano keys [ 9 Answers ]

For sale. This is from a piano dating back to 1909, the keys are in great shape. The piano has been distroyed as it was an old upright player piano and it was falling apart. So I salvaged the keys... They are the real ivory and the real ebony. I am in TN. I am not sure if the sale of these...

I'm selling antique ivory piano keys and am wondering if anyone would like to purchase [ 3 Answers ]

Trying to sell antique ivory piano keys from 1905?

View more questions Search