Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dparman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2014, 01:46 AM
    Can I use an 80w power supply in place of a 30w power supply if the voltage is the sa
    The power supply for my HP laptop has died. Its 19v 30w power supply . I have another power supply that is HP that is 18.5v and 80w will it hurt my laptop if I use it?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Dec 17, 2014, 10:19 AM
    It should work fine. The fact that the power supply is rated for higher wattage simply means that it has the capability of driving devices that require more power than your lap top. Does the replacement supply have the appropriate connector to plug into your laptop?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Power supply issues Apple Power Mac G4 dual 1.25 MDD [ 4 Answers ]

I disconnected the power cord on a G4 MDD dual 1.25 to reset the firewire ports and now the unit will not power on. When I push the power button it flashes on for a sec and then nothing happens. I tried doing a SMU reset and a different power cord to no avail. I have had this unit for about 6-7...

16V ~1000ma power supply to power an aplliance that requires a 14V ~800ma help? [ 3 Answers ]

Can I use 16V ~1000ma power supply to power an aplliance that requires a 14V ~800ma power supply nomally? I have been told that it should be possible and not create any problems. Please help the lead I require will not be here in time and I need something to do the job immidieately! Thank you for...

Need Power Supply Voltage for HP 2311x Monitor [ 4 Answers ]

Someone gave me an HP 2311x Monitor (a new model) missing the external switching power supply. I'd like to replace it with a generic (due to the high cost of purchasing it from HP), but all I can find out is the power consumption of the monitor (33w). I have Googled this every way I can think...

Power Supply Voltage [ 4 Answers ]

Is it fine to set 230v on power supply in US?

Why do we get low voltage power supply? [ 1 Answers ]

In India, appliances are 220 volts enabled. However, many Electricity Boards often provide mains power at less than 220 volts. What are the possible reasons? Is it because of technical inefficiency? On the consumer end, if the "actual load" is higher than the "connected load" (as shown by the...

View more questions Search