Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AMARI07 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2007, 09:49 PM
    Two possible fathers
    I am four months the problem is I don't know when my last period was or when I coneived.
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

Apr 8, 2007, 10:34 PM
    Call maury
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 9, 2007, 04:27 AM
    To find out who the father is you will need to wait until after the birth of your baby and have paternity tests done. I am sorry, but there is no other way.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 9, 2007, 05:50 AM
    Yes often it is very hard to determine who the father is, esp if there were multiple partners near time of conception. As J9 noted, the only way to be sure, is to merely wait till the baby is born and have both do paternity tests. After that you can file in court properly for custody and child support issues.
    IM4U Posts: 156, Reputation: 16

Jun 15, 2008, 10:04 AM
    Sometimes I've heard something like, "I just want him out of my life. He doesn't have to pay child support. I'll take care of my baby."

If you ever get to feeling that way, please talk it out with someone. The baby's future needs to be prioritized in at least two very significant areas: (1) The child needs to know and develop a relationship with the father if that is safe; (2) The child, the father, and you all need the father to do his part in the financial support of the child.

"Out of my life" might be very attractive at times. But it is not usually a good over-all, long-term solution.

I think it is important to follow through with establishing paternity and procedures for the father to participate in the life of the child. Court orders are not magic, but they lay the groundwork for accountability.

Please don't take my word for this. Ask around. To mature family people and professionals.

The above are the thoughts of an "oh-piner" and not to be construed as formal or professional "legal" advice.

Blessings in your challenging journey.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fathers rights [ 4 Answers ]

OK here is my question. My son is 23 and he found out he might be a Father. The mother does not want the child and she wants to give it away. My son wants to raise the child. I want to know are what are his rights. Right now? How can he make sure the mother will look after herself and the unborn...

A fathers rights [ 1 Answers ]

For a man who is legally married but not living with his wife because of her decision what rights can he enforce and what course of action does he need to pursue legally to prevent her from getting an annulment preventing him from seeing his child till partenity is established the child is still...

De facto fathers [ 2 Answers ]

I just re-married my sons mom and now one of her ex-boyfreinds is suing us for custody of our son.what do I do?

Fathers visitation [ 3 Answers ]

My son is almost 3 years old and his birth father had been in and out of his life for the first yr. he was an abusive alcoholic and I finally got out of it. He has domestic violence charges. He has not been a part of my sons life for the last yr and a half other than paying child support. I married...

Conception and 2 possible fathers [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know when my child was conceived if my due date is oct.3.2006. I'm not sure the first day of my last menstural period, it had to be around dec.18 and my period is not regular. I've only had two sonograms done. My first sonogram done on march 23, 2006 said I was 13 week and 4 days and my...

View more questions Search