Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    idgitgal Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2014, 01:50 PM
    Ethanol urine test
    I had a ua 5 hours after my bac had returned to 0 on a breathalyzer. I drank plenty of water and urinated several times. The test is not EtG, just a standard urine alcohol test. Will I pass?
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Nov 17, 2014, 02:17 PM
    Hard to say. Chances are, if it is straight alcohol urine test, you might pass.

What are the consquences if you fail.

Dec 11, 2014, 06:03 PM
    EtG test and gastric bypass; please help
    How does a gastric bypass affect EtG test? Is it likely that a person who has had it would test positive 6 and a half days after bac had returned to 0? What about 99 hours after? Please help. Thank you.
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Dec 12, 2014, 09:15 AM
    Hard to say but you would think that it would make you less likely because it is speeding the alcohol into your system. What was the amount you had to drink this time?
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 13, 2014, 09:40 AM
    When was this gastric bypass and when was your last drink? Timing is everything given you had a breathalyzer in the middle of November, and now face a UA. You really need to clarify your timeline because drinking while healing from your bypass probably ensures detection. Also unusual to go from a spot check type test as a breathalyzer, to a wider usage test as UA within 30 days. (Suspicion or follow up)

How about the whole story instead of these piece meal facts with no CONTEXT?

Dec 14, 2014, 01:53 PM
    Used own breathalyzer. Bypass was 5 years ago. Eat normal amounts now. First time was 154 hours after 0 bac. 2nd time will be 99 hours after 0 bac. 250 lb female.
    Expert

Dec 14, 2014, 02:06 PM
    The bypass should be no factor, and a breathalyzer isn't either. The real factors are alcohol intake and hours before a blood test (chief among many other factors). The simple answer is don't drink if you have an EtG test coming up, and if your test is 99 hours after your last drink, then you should pass.

My point is why drink and stress yourself out and build a false hope with breathalyzer tests?

Dec 14, 2014, 03:09 PM
    The test is urine, not blood. The test will have been 99 hours after 0 bac. I know you shouldn't drink and this person is working on it. What, exactly, is your expertise? I have read several studies that show impaired alcohol metabolism in gastric bypass patients.
    Expert

Dec 14, 2014, 04:06 PM
    I have spent years in the system on both sides of the test, and guided many through the process along the way, and proper preparation for any test enhances the results, and greatly reduces stress, and prevents gimmicks to hide behavior, that are often USELESS in the first place, and can result in health problems, jail, or loss of employment, or all of the above and then some.

That was the reason I asked for a complete story because worrying about taking a blood/urine alcohol test is the product of premeditated cheating. You obviously are looking for that window of opportunity to cheat yourself without consequences and some study has spooked you.

I have my own studies you should read,

Gastric Bypass Surgery Intensifies Effects of Alcohol | Weight Loss Surgery News

What are the effects of alcohol after gastric bypass

Weight Loss Surgery Increases Risk of Alcohol Addiction in Some - ABC News

You worry about detection, I am talking effects and failure. Don't drink and don't worry about passing whatever tests they give you. Even by your own "studies" drinking makes passing any detection test a risk, so stop cheating yourself.

Why are you taking these tests? What's the consequence of failure? It doesn't take an expert to know what your motives behind your questions are.

Dec 14, 2014, 04:49 PM
    I have read them.The why and the consequences are irrelevant to answering the question. Not everyone who asks such a question is planning to try and cheat a test. Most people who are trying to beat any addiction are not successful the first time around. Relapses happen even with the best intent. Also, I have heard of people who had a bypass who have failed an EtG despite complete abstinence. Judgement of motivation is uncalled for!
    Expert

Dec 15, 2014, 08:08 AM
    I have already asked for your story, for proper context. If you are to ashamed to fill in the blanks for understanding, don't blame me. You can correct my assumptions anytime with additional facts and cloaked by your anonymity here.

http://www.aa.org/assets/en_US/en_step1.pdf

Also, I have heard of people who had a bypass who have failed an EtG despite complete abstinence.
    Confirm your complete abstinence, go from there.
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Dec 15, 2014, 08:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by idgitgal View Post
    I have read them.The why and the consequences are irrelevant to answering the question. Not everyone who asks such a question is planning to try and cheat a test. Most people who are trying to beat any addiction are not successful the first time around. Relapses happen even with the best intent. Also, I have heard of people who had a bypass who have failed an EtG despite complete abstinence. Judgement of motivation is uncalled for!
    All I read through this thread is yourself justifying your drinking when you're being tested semi-regularly. It is a simple string of logic here. You're being tested regularly, there are a few cases where the person is testing themselves at their own cost for alcohol rehabilitation. The more likely, and more common, are those who are being forced to be tested. There are a couple reason why someone would be forced, or compelled, to take the test. The majority it is to satisfy some legal responsibility, for example probation or custody arrangements, though employment and job retention are common as well. Rehab programs are common as well. The consequences of these are, losing your job, kids, or freedom.

For whatever reason, and in truth it doesn't matter, you're prohibited from illicit substances. You're using those prohibited substances.

Further more a lot of people who use, as you do, prohibited substances while they've agreed not too are doing so because they want to. The little justifications, it was my dad's birthday, hard day, dog died, break up, stress, life, because I can, etc, are typically used so that you don't need to do the cost/benefit analysis for your drinking. That is your cross to bare.

In the end what we want is for you to be successful at what you're doing. We want to make sure you realize the consquences that you might have not thought on in a while. This is a form of gambling and more often then not the house wins. When do you walk away?
    Expert

Dec 15, 2014, 08:18 AM
    A doctor can order you tested when under his care if he suspects bad behavior, or to insure good behavior.

Dec 16, 2014, 09:21 AM
    Update. Passed EtG.
    Expert

Dec 16, 2014, 11:54 AM
    Glad you did, and good luck with future tests... without the stress!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there any other way to get ethanol in your urine besides alcohol [ 1 Answers ]

If I did not drink any alcohol what else could give me a positive ethyl glucuronide in my urine?

Will I pass an ethanol urine test after 65 hours? [ 0 Answers ]

I drank 4 standard mini shots Friday night from 7:30pm to 8:30pm. I am a female 29 yrs old weight 140lbs. I had an ethanol urine test on Monday at 2pm, is it likely I will pass?

Can I pass an ethanol urine test after 65 hours [ 0 Answers ]

I drank 4 shots Friday night from 7:30pm to 8:30pm. I am a female 29 yrs old weight 140lbs. I had an ethanol urine test on Monday at 2pm, is it likely I will pass?

View more questions Search