Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kaytykat Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2014, 09:35 PM
    random white stuff ob/gyn help!!
    So I'm 18 and I've just started being sexually active for about 5 months. I've had a yeast infection before and I'm on birth control and use non latex condoms because I'm allergic. I stay at my boyfriends house for about a week at a time and we have sex once or twice a day that I'm there (which could maybe be too much). We usually use water based lubricant every time. And every time I go home I wake up and there's white stuff.

My first assumption was that it was skin because it was dry-ish and when I rubbed it off it made my inner vaginal lips kind of burn and feel raw and it hurt/burned to urinate. I don't know if its my vagina that has an odor or the white "stuff" but its kind of fishy mixed with just a dirty smell. So I took a shower and washed down there with just my hand and water. It remains itchy after and every morning when I wake up it's there again.

Is this my vagina cleaning itself after so much sex? Or something more serious? Is there a way I can fix this or make it go away sooner? Also I know doctors don't like long messages but I felt the more details might make it easier to diagnose or at least get a better idea of what it could be.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 8, 2014, 12:43 AM
    There are no doctors that are members of this site. Therefore, a diagnosis cannot be accurately made.

Now, the fishy smell as well as the discomfort and discharge are typically indicative of bacterial vaginosis. With that said, you will need to see your doctor in person as this needs a proper in-person exam and treatment. Should this be bacterial vaginosis it would be necessary to be treated with a round of antibiotics.
    Kresaera Posts: 10, Reputation: 3

Nov 8, 2014, 10:53 AM
    As J_9 said, this is in no way a diagnosis.

Anytime there is a fishy/dirty smell you need to see your gyno. That odor typically indicates a bacterial infection. Does it burn when you pee? Are there actual sores that you can see? Any blisters? I know from experience that too much sex can cause a urinary tract infection, which will make your urine smell strange but not usually a fishy smell. If I were you, I would make an appointment with your doctor as soon as possible to get it checked out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

White stuff! [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 17 and I am experiencing an itchy vagina or probably vaginal lips from sometime :( One day I went down there(used my fingers) and when I brought my fingers back there was something thick on my finger it was off-white in colour and when I pressed it it turned into tiny powder like granules :(...

White stuff from my nipple [ 19 Answers ]

:confused: I know I am not pregnant because I just had a period and it's been coming on consistently every month. Today I noticed that I had some white stuff on my nipple when I squeezed it. The stuff wasn't wet or milky like breast milk. This stuff looks dry. Are you able to help me?...

What could white bumps b on the outside of vagina,when squeezed white stuff comes out [ 1 Answers ]

What could white bumps b on the outside of the vagina and when squeezed white stuff comes out

Random white spots on skin [ 3 Answers ]

I get these random white spots/patches on my skin mainly my face. It's a really ugly look. First it starts as dry skin and goes flaky, then it just turns into a white patch and stays there for months and slowly fades away. does anyone know what this problem is? and are there any...

View more questions Search