Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dmrlook Posts: 134, Reputation: 8

Nov 1, 2014, 11:34 AM
    Need help with DSC PC1832 alarm system - no bell output
    Hey all. I've got a DSC PC1832 alarm system that we set off today without knowing it - I without knowing it because the bell (siren) did not make a sound. I measured the voltage coming off the +/- bell terminals and that measures about 13.5 v which is what I would expect. I also went into the attic where the bell is and also measured the same voltage at that point, so I know the wiring is intact. I assumed it was the bell, but then when I disconnected it and attached to a 12V battery, to my surprise, the bell sounded loud as ever. If I reconnect it to the alarm system again, no sound.

It appears the panel is bad, however everything else is working as expected, including calling to the monitoring station. Aside from confirming a 12v supply off the bell terminals, is there anything else I can do? Is it possible that it can be providing the correct voltage but not enough amps? Is there a way I can measure that (I do have a meter).

Thanks!

Check out some similar questions!

Programming DSC PC1832 alarm [ 3 Answers ]

HI... How do I change the delay time on a DSC PC1832 STAY-ARM key to 30 seconds delay. Thanks

Programming a DSC PC585 Alarm system [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to program the LED keypad (PC-1555 RKZ) so the number keys act as function keys. The instructions say that if the number is pressed and held for two seconds, it will act as a function key on this model of keypad. I entered *8 000 11 03 04 06 14 16 ## (Page 30 of the instruction...

How to reset dsc alarm pc1832 [ 10 Answers ]

A friend had a problem with there alarm,there is no paper work for this panal and no codes at all,the panel is in a lockable box with no keys. I have forced the box and the panel inside is a pc1832/1864 I believe to reset the panel you have to short out pgrm1 and z1,I have done this but this has...

Keybus Fault on DSC PC1832 alarm system [ 1 Answers ]

Getting a keybus fault error on DSC PC1832 system. Board problem?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.