Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cmptrguy1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2014, 10:20 AM
    Small FL business Labor Expense Question
    Hello,
    I am a one person FL based business, I am not making enough to pay myself a salary yet. It is a second job that I like to do. Should I keep track of my labor hours? Is this something I can take a tax expense for at year end? Could it be that I track my labor hours for my jobs and then accrue them as if I am loaning the money for my time to the business? Just wondering as I spend a good amount of hours weekly with no monetary return.
    Not a Corp. or an LLC just a private Sole Proprietor owned business.
    Thanks
    Gary
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 17, 2014, 08:34 PM
    Keep track for your own edification, not for tax purposes. Anyone you pay, even yourself, has to declare that pay as income, so there's no point yet. When your business starts to make a profit, you could take a draw, or become an LLC.

It's good for many reasons to know how much time you put into a new company. You might take on a partner, or sell it, or sell an idea, for starters.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A question to people who have a business or used to own a small business [ 4 Answers ]

Hi 'm conducting a research on small businesses, and I'd like to know your thought before and after you opened up your business, like what was it like before, how you felt, was it hard for you? And then after opening your business, did you think it was easier then you thouhgt? I just need opinions...

Have question about U.K. Small business government [ 0 Answers ]

Need to find site to find out if U.K. Business is fictitious or a licensed ongoing business ?

View more questions Search