Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    okellis Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2007, 10:13 PM
    Feeling rather foolish
    I recently received my latest staement from Social Security showing what I have paid in over the years and an estimate of what I would receive at retirement.
    I noticed that for the past 4 years there are no enteries. I have been working in one place for this time.
    I looked on my W2's for each year and it shows that the social security has been withheld. The amounts seem to have been withheld but not paid in.
    What may happen when I notify the SS office about this? I considered that it may just be a snafoo, but for so many years in a row??
    Any ideas?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2007, 10:18 PM
    There should be no problem with the Social Security office. Mistakes happen. After all, you do have proof of what has been deducted.

But, I am wondering if there could be something wrong with the tax returns that you have filed
    Mobea Posts: 220, Reputation: 15

Apr 8, 2007, 06:07 AM
    Social Security gets their information from the payroll tax returns that your employer files, not you. It could be that your employer is behind in filing. But yes, clough is right, it could be just a snafu at Social Security. Just call them and they may ask you to submit copies of your w-2s so that they can adjust your earnings accordingly. It is important that your earnings be recorded properly, because it will make a difference later on when it comes to how much you would be receiving each month when you retire or are disabled.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Apr 17, 2007, 11:06 AM
    Agree with Mobea.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Not feeling well [ 2 Answers ]

Hey, I haven't really been feeling well for about a year already. I have been having headaches, feel nauseous, shaky, and trouble breathing. The doctors haven't really found anything yet, other then that I had skuliosis. I have been going to the chiropractor for about five months already. Are...

Feeling Sorry For Ones Self [ 4 Answers ]

How can I stop feeling sorry for myself?

Foolish [ 6 Answers ]

HELP!! I met this guy and he moved into my house that I owned (Paying the mortgage by myself). After a while he and I consolidated our bills through a mortgage broker using the house as collateral. At this time his name was not on the deed. Then after a year we refinance to get a lower interest...

Why I got this feeling? [ 24 Answers ]

Hii my name is caroline hey I don't know I love my man but I'm so insecure , n is not I don't trust him but I been hurt lot of time and I'm just scared that happen again , now my question its this normal in person? Please can some body help me because I think I'm going carzy I can't sleep, I...

I still have feeling for my ex [ 7 Answers ]

Hey You! Well I really like this guy and he asked my out a couple of days ago. I really do like him and would go out with him but for some reason I scared of getting hurt again.I think I still have feeling for my ex. In the past relationship my boyfriend cheated on me with this girl he goes to...

View more questions Search