Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fullspan Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2007, 05:40 PM
    H-1 Gap admission F-1 Kaplan GRE GMAT
    Hi,
    I have my H-1 file this year and waiting for approval. As everybody knows, this time they are going to randomly choose the applications so nobody knows who is going to be accepted.
    Now I want to prepare myself for that.
    My OPT expires 10th of July,07 and Possible H1 is going to start from OCT 1st . Even after 60 days grace period, I have a gap of almost 22 days. So for this, I have to get some sort of status.

1. I have the option to get admission in MS after my OPT expires and keep the work and education get going together.
    ---OR----
    2. Some body told me [ didn't give the whole information though] that I should take admission in Kaplan for GRE or GMAT classes. I have been at there website. To me it seems like they offer classes for one month. How does that work? Don't I have to enroll for 12 credits to maintain the status.

I'm more interested in number 2nd if that works. Please share any ideas, if you have.
    thanks
    anand_ckt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2007, 09:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullspan
    Hi,
    I have my H-1 file this year and waiting for approval. As everybody knows, this time they are gonna randomly choose the applications so nobody knows who is gonna be accepted.
    Now I want to prepare myself for that.
    My OPT expires 10th of july,07 and Possible H1 is gonna start from OCT 1st . Even after 60 days grace period, I have a gap of almost 22 days. So for this, I have to get some sort of status.

1. I have the option to get admission in MS after my OPT expires and keep the work and education get going together.
    ---OR----
    2. Some body told me [ didn't give the whole information though] that I should take admission in Kaplan for GRE or GMAT classes. I have been at there website. To me it seems like they offer classes for one month. How does that work? Don't i have to enroll for 12 credits to maintain the status.

I'm more interested in number 2nd if that works. Please share any ideas, if you have.
    thanks
    Hi there,

Many of my friends and I in a similar situation and are all confused what to do?. I seemed all simple enough to apply to some univ and get your F1 and then come oct1 just get it transferred it back to H1... but a friend of mine who is working in a chemical firm was been told by his attorney that ONCE YOU DO THAT TO COME BACK TO H1 FROM F1 WE WLL HAVE TO GO OUT OF THE COUNTRY AND COME BACK WITH THE STAMPING DONE... anyways let me know if you gather any info... and I shall do the same

My name is ANAND and my YMGR id is [email protected]
    Fullspan Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2007, 08:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by anand_ckt
    hi there,

many of my friends and i in a similar situation and are all confused what to do?.......i seemed all simple enough to apply to some univ and get ur F1 and then come oct1 just get it transfered it back to H1 .........but a friend of mine who is working in a chemical firm was been told by his attorney that ONCE YOU DO THAT TO COME BACK TO H1 FROM F1 WE WLL HAVE TO GO OUT OF THE COUNTRY AND COME BACK WITH THE STAMPING DONE............anyways let me know if u gather any info.........and i shall do the same

My name is ANAND and my YMGR id is [email protected]
    Nice to meet you Anand. I don't think that is the matter. Change of status from f-1 to h-1 is not a big deal. You don't have to leave the country in that process. I have talked about this with adviser in international student office at my university. And more over I know one of my friend who transferred his visa from f-1 to R-1. He never had any problem and he was in status. That attorny might not know fully or He might have said something else. Yes, easy way is to get the f-1 and get admission in MS. It is more secured since USCIS is going to choose H1 petitions randomly this year. And You don't know whether you are even going to be chosen to be reviewed or not. So Getting back to school is better option.
    thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GMAT test for MBA [ 3 Answers ]

I live in NC and I have been trying to find some help for the GMAT. All I can find is tutoring that will cost 1500-5000. I really need some help. I am shy about 30 points from the score I need for grad school I want to go to. SO, it seems silly to spend that kind of money. But not to mention I have...

Which universities to take admission in [ 2 Answers ]

Hello This is ajay I am an engineering student Branch-electronics and telecommunication I am giving gre Can you tell me which faculty to choose to do ms in And which is the upgrowing branch Which s the best universities Plzzzzzzzzzz mail me I am interested in telecommunication

How to prepare for GMAT Critical Thinking Section [ 0 Answers ]

I am preparing for GMAT. I am taking all the help from the internet. But the Critica Thinking Section is confusing me. Recently, I have started learning logic which teaches categorical syllogisms but the type of questions I see in this subject are completely different from what they ask in the...

View more questions Search