Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kentaro Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2014, 05:26 PM
    Very low pressure in bathtub faucet
    Water dripping so I changed the hot and cold inner gadgets ( don't know what its called ) now the pressure is low on both hot and cold dials. I have faucet and shower. When I blow air in open hot side, air comes out on unrestricted coldwater side. But air is very restricted on top shower outlet and bottom faucet outlet. Is it plugged top and bottom? Hope I'm clear... bob

kentaro here, I bled the pipes,water shot out. But when cartridges are in with water on it still trickles out. I don't know but can there be a blockage of some sort?. ken

I'm a novice, inlet ports means the pipe that connects hot and cold that runs horizontal behind the wall? If so how do I flush it? Hope my explaining is clear... ken
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 23, 2014, 07:02 AM
    When you had everything apart did you turn the water back on for a minute to flush any trash that might be in your lines? Let me know, TRom

Shut the water off and open up the valve. Remove the cartridge and check and clean the inlet ports. ALWAYS flush the supplies and open valve body. Good luck, RTom
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 23, 2014, 05:39 PM
    Not very clear but will jump in and assume the inlet ports are those in a shower or faucet cartridge. They get plugged. Pull the cartridge, carefully flush the body and then make sure the small ports on the cartridge are open.

Do not post a new separate answer, just add to the original post or no one will be able to figure out to what you are referring.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 23, 2014, 06:26 PM
    Speedball is our senior most plumbing expert here and I am sure he will see this Wednesday. By then maybe you can give more info. Is this a shower or what. Supply pipes in the wall can run any direction but when they connect to a valve we call that connection and inlet, so yes. Basically you shut off your main water service, remove the cartridge or stem, cover the opening with a tightly held towe. A second person opens and closes the main in5 seconds to flus out the pipe. However, more detail might tell us why you think flushing is in order.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Sep 23, 2014, 06:50 PM
    Can you tell us what plumbing fixture are you talking about ? Faucets ? Shower ? Tub ? Water heater ?

Back to you

Milo
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2014, 10:55 PM
    Yes need more information, Thanks.

John
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 24, 2014, 09:52 AM
    I have merged your threads. In the future use the edit button.
    Shut the water off and open up the valve. Remove the cartridge and check and clean the inlet ports. ALWAYS flush the supplies and open valve body. Good luck, RTom
    I thought mt instructions were very clear. Inlet ports are in the cartridge. What part did you not understand? Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low water pressure with delta single handle bathtub faucet? [ 1 Answers ]

Good pressure in water line. When faucet is installed pressure is about 20%. Screen filter is not the problem.

Low hot water pressure in bathtub of american standard faucet [ 5 Answers ]

I have a American Standard single handle faucet in my bathtub, the cold water in both the shower and tub is fine. The hot water pressure in both the shower and tub is very low. Is there anything I can do on my own to get more pressure in the hot water. Thanks RH

Low hot water pressure from kichen faucet only- 1 handle faucet [ 7 Answers ]

Hi. My question is similar to one asked a few posts ago except this is a 1 handle faucet. I plan on maintaining the boiler from now on but I have to fix the flow problem first. I disconnected the hot water supply line to the faucet and the pressure is excellent so I assume the problem is in the...

View more questions Search