Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bzachary1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2007, 01:48 PM
    visitation rights
    When I filed for visitation I stayed in the same county as my child. Then the mother of my child decided to move an hour away from the county I have my visitation in. Can that be considered interfering with my visitation because she moved so far and is refusing to met me in order for me to pick up my child?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 7, 2007, 02:17 PM
    I suppose it could be. But only an hour away? A judge will probably laugh at that. It is only one hour away. Many people live hundreds and hundreds of miles apart and still make it work.

Drive the hour and pick your child up.

I drive this everyday for school, and would be willing to go further everyday for my child.
    TheSavage Posts: 564, Reputation: 96

Apr 7, 2007, 02:24 PM
    Out of state the judge might side with you -- but different county same state I think not. -- Savage

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grandmother's Visitation Rights [ 11 Answers ]

My daughter has a 1 yr. old son and she is married to my grandson's father. My daughter will let me see my grandson but her husband says that I cannot see him. I cared for this child from the day he was born until just before his 1st birthday and now I am denied the right to see him. What are...

Visitation Rights for Infant [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter is 15 weeks old If her father and I were to go to court what are the visitation rights for a infant under the age of one? He is a good father but I am the primary care giver he doesn't know what any of her cries mean, how to give her a bath or when to feed her.I just really want to know...

Visitation Rights [ 3 Answers ]

Do aunts and uncles have visitation rights?

Visitation Rights? [ 5 Answers ]

I have a question about visitation rights as an aunt. My brothers wife will not allow any of my family to see my nephew without my brother or her being there, but she will allow her family take him for days at a time. Is there something I can do as an aunt so that I can spend a few hours with my...

Visitation rights [ 3 Answers ]

Has anyone heard of a new law about visitation rights for the noncustodial parent? Thanks,Roxpate

View more questions Search