Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    doberdalhoff Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2007, 06:19 PM
    Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan with Remote
    We just replaced an existing ceiling fan with a Hampton Bay ceiling fan with remote. When using the remote, the lights can be turned on and dimmed. The fan speed changes with the brightness of the lights. (If the lights are dimmed the fan is slow - as you increase the light the fan speeds up). We can not have just the lights on with out the fan being on or the fan on with no lights, or bright lighrs no fan etc. Is this a dip switch problem or a wiring problem. I hope this make sense. I hope to hear from someone soon as this light/fan is in the dining room and we are having Easter dinner this Sunday! The light switch has to be on to control the fan.

Thanks for any help!
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 6, 2007, 06:24 PM
    I think you need to go back and look at your wiring. Sounds like you may have lights and fan connected to the light line from the receiver.

Apr 6, 2007, 06:31 PM
    Thanks, guess we will tackle that in the AM when there is daylight :) will let you know if we get it fixed!
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Apr 6, 2007, 11:05 PM
    There should be two sets of wires coming from the remote receiver. One has two wires, these match to the two wires from your power supply. The other has three wires, these match to the three wires from the fan. In most cases the colors will match as well. As Ballenge says, confirm the wiring.

Ceiling fan wiring - Ceiling Fans N More

Apr 7, 2007, 03:53 PM
    Thank you both! It was a wiring issue and we got it fixed! Thanks again! :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan Remote [ 5 Answers ]

I have two Hampton Bay Ceiling Fans in my office that works off the remote the problem is the remote will work one fan just fine but it doesn't work the other fan at all please help

Hampton bay remote ceiling fan [ 1 Answers ]

The light on my ceiling fan does not work. I changed the bulb. I also changed the batteries on the remote control to no avail.

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan Remote [ 1 Answers ]

I just purchased a Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan (472-219). It did not come with a remote. Can I purchase a remote and wire it to this fan?

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan Remote [ 3 Answers ]

I installed a Hunter ceiling fan with a Hampton Bay remote. The remote controls the fan correctly. The light works when pulling the chain but does not work from the remote. I wired the blue wire from the remote to the black/white striped wire from the fan. Any suggestions?

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan Remote [ 3 Answers ]

I purchased 4 Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan with Remotes when I had my home rewired last winter. All of the fans work well and the remotes are excellent. They allow for remote control of the fan and light as well as containing a thermostat to control the fan. I have two of the fans installed...

View more questions Search