Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Scared_and_Confused Posts: 41, Reputation: 4

Apr 6, 2007, 11:27 AM
    Another backround post (sorry)
    I had a job interview today and I basically have the job as long as I pass a backround check. Well... I have gotten in trouble although, I have not been arrested, have not gone to court (yet) but Idont know if Ihave charges filed against me. If I have charges filed against me and never been to court, or convicted yet, will that show up? I live in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Thanks! (sorry this is kind of a stupid question, but I seriously have no idea)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 6, 2007, 11:31 AM
    We can't tell you. It depends on how thorough a background check is done against you. If the only question you were asked was; Have you ever been convicted of a crime?, then if you answered no, you at least haven't lied. However, if you were asked if you have ever been in trouble with the law, that would have required a Yes answer to be truthful.

Bottom line, if they do a thorough enough check to find this info, then you wouildn't have gotten the job anyway.

Apr 6, 2007, 11:35 AM
    I was not asked any of those questions. I was just asked if I have a felony or misdemeanor then they had me give my soc and birthdate all that good stuff.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 6, 2007, 11:48 AM
    If they run a criminal history on you, though any normal reporting agency,merely an arrest will not show up, only convictins unless you are applying for a job with a police department, corrections dept or a national security job.

If on the applicatoin it asked you have you ever been arrested for... then you have to tell, or they can fire you latter when they find out
    If the application asked as most do have you ever been convicted, then no you have not been convicted.

Now again if they call your references and start asking them questions, they may say somethng.

I would say it will come back OK, but now what will this job do when you have to take off to go to court, or the probation dept asks for infomatoin on your employment?

But if you are not working get the job and worry about all of this latter
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 6, 2007, 12:28 PM
    I would add educators to Fr-Chucks list. A man I screened to replace me had a bar room arrest on his record but the charges were latter dropped.

Apr 6, 2007, 12:52 PM
    Thanks Fr_Chuck and Ballenerb1, the thing is I don't know what is going on. I don't know if there are files against me or anything at all. The people who might be pressing charges against me have not contacted me to tell me anything so I really don't know if there is going to be a court date or if I am going to be convicted or anything. Yeah I kind of need this job... Thanks again!
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 6, 2007, 01:15 PM
    The chances are they will have made their decision, hire or not, long before you enter a court room. Try to stop worrying because it really is beyond your control at this point. Most hiring decisions are made within a week. Runner up notices go out later.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 6, 2007, 03:28 PM
    Please try the following site to see what, if anything is on it concerning you:

WCMS - Web-Based Case Management System

Apr 6, 2007, 03:53 PM
    Clough thanks, nothing was found under my name! Yay... wait that's good right?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 6, 2007, 05:31 PM
    Of course that's good news! Now you know where to go to find out what the public has easy access to on the Internet. I just typed in the random name of Harrison, rather than Smith or Jones, so that it wouldn't take so long for information to load, and then saw what information was available for different Harrisons. It is usually safer to type in just a last name than someone's first and last name, in case they goofed up with a spelling.

In case you didn't notice, at the bottom of a persons records are links to additional information. Sometimes takes practice to learn how to use the sites.

Apr 6, 2007, 05:40 PM
    Thank you! You just made my day because I really want this job! :)

Apr 6, 2007, 08:16 PM
    I don't want to send you back on the down slope, you are in a tough situation here. Depending on the type of job you are going for, the disposition of your case (I'm assuming it the one on your other thread), could affect this job even if you are hired.

There is really nothing you can do about it though. You have filled in the application truthfully. So you just need to sit tight and hope it all comes out all right.

But there is the possibility, assuming you are hired, that if you are prosecuted for the thefts, that the job may fire you. I'm just trying to prepare you, but there really is nothing you can do until the store decides what they will do.

Apr 6, 2007, 08:24 PM
    I know about getting fired if I am prosecuted for theft... that's fine, the fact is that I need a job now, so I amtaking what I can get you know? I am just wondering if they will find anything on my record right now even though I haven't been arrested, or know of any charges yet?

Apr 6, 2007, 10:12 PM
    Hey I changed my user name since I won't always be Scared_and_Confused. I changed it to Becca1025, it has the same cute picture of my puppy. Does anyone know how I can delete this username?

Apr 7, 2007, 04:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Scared_and_Confused
    Does anyone know how I can delete this username?
    Don't worry about it. Just don't use it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I don't know where to post this [ 16 Answers ]

This is about my past relationship and I just want to know if I was emotionally abused or am I an obsessive relationship type person. It all started in 1998; I had met the "man of my dreams". So I thought. Here is the rundown: We move in together, he accuses me of having an affair with the bill...

Backround checks and Fingerprinting [ 2 Answers ]

I was just hired for a job as a Adult Care Program Aide. I start on Monday-12/04/06. They had me go to a place that took my fingerprints and they will also do a backround check. I am 63 years old and back around 25 years ago I got into trouble with a charge about doing something to prevent the...

Can someone post... [ 4 Answers ]

I wanted to know if any one can post some photos taken with a wide angle lens? I checked some other sites-weren't really helpful... Thanks...

View more questions Search