Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    roes Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2014, 11:56 PM
    Air conditioner has strange noise- as if it has difficulty in cooling; not cooling
    My air conditioner makes a strange noise after it has turned from "fan" to "low cool". The noise is as if the a/c has difficulty in cooling. And it does not cool. The noise stops for a while and repeats again.
    What can be the cause of this noise and not cooling?
    Please help me with this matter.
    Thank you and much appreciated your help in advance.
    bitters Posts: 348, Reputation: 12

Aug 4, 2014, 09:17 AM
    Are you talking about the outside fan? There is a number of reasons it's not colling. If the outside fan is not working properly this would cause no cooling.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Air conditioner not cooling [ 5 Answers ]

My air condetion is not cooling I got a tech to check it and he said that it may be a leak in the coil in upstairs and wanted 1500 to replace it,I asked how do you it's leaking? He said because of the rust on the pan underneath it. Can I get it replaced for less than that?

Air conditioner is not cooling [ 6 Answers ]

The last three days we've noticed the a/c stops cooling to the set temperature in the middle of the day. It begins to cool properly again in the evening. Filters have been changed, I used shop vac to be sure drain line was not clogged, and checked to be sure lines were not frozen. Outside small...

My Air Conditioner Is Not Cooling? [ 0 Answers ]

My Trane Unit upstairs is not working. Temp reading 80, we usually run it at 74. There is PVC pipe on outside with PVC plug with a small round filter apparatus attached. The last time the A/C guy was here, he pulled it out threw some bleach in it. 5 min service call and $90 later, the unit was...

Air Conditioner Not Cooling [ 20 Answers ]

My air conditioner hasn't been cooling and I have had it on 70 degrees for the last 2 1/2 days hoping that it might cool down. Well it hasn't. It has been 80 degrees in here for the last two days. I called the maintenance man who works for my apartment complex and he looked at it and said there...

Air conditioner not cooling [ 2 Answers ]

I just purchased a new compressor last year. Seems like my air is not cooling. What could the problem be? Do we need to get the a/c serviced every year?

View more questions Search