Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Melissalocke Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2014, 12:07 PM
    Help me!
    Hi I'm 17 I have been on the injection 2 years I came off it 6months ago, I've been having unprotected sex with my boyfriend and I took a test 2 days ago which came back positive, I then took 3 more which came negative, the next morning on my first wee I took another and this again was negative on my second wee I took another and that was positive again, and today each one I've took have all been negative, I've been get loads of pain in my lower stomach, am I pregnant?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2014, 12:21 PM
    Hi Melissa,

Did you read all of the tests in the time frame stated in the directions? Reading the results after that can give what appears to be a positive, but it would not be accurate. For example, if the directions say to read the results within 3-5 minutes, and it showed negative at that time... if you went back 20 minutes later, it could have a faint line making it look positive.

If you believe that you have followed all of the directions carefully, it would be wise to see your gp for a blood test. It is uncommon to get a false positive when testing correctly.

Are you wanting to be pregnant? Is that why you have been having unprotected sex?

Jul 17, 2014, 12:32 PM
    Hi, the second line appeared within 2 minutes I did then correctly, and no I don't want to be pregnant It was just a stupid thing I did.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2014, 12:37 PM
    "Been having" means it wasn't a one time mistake.

Jul 17, 2014, 12:40 PM
    Yes but I didn't think I could have got pregnant because of the injection.
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2014, 12:42 PM
    You have to always assume you can. No form of birth control is 100% effective.

Except maybe phone sex... nobody ever got pregnant from that yet.

What varies is how close they get to 100%. Some are far more effective than others.

And you have been off of it for 6 months....which is plenty of time for its effectiveness to significantly diminish.

Jul 17, 2014, 12:44 PM
    I know but I just didn't think of all of that, which I know I should have, I just don't know what to think.
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2014, 12:52 PM
    I understood you to mean by being off it 6 months... is you were due for your next injection 6 months ago. And never received it.

But that's really all moot at this point.

Every one of those tests were taken right after you woke up in the morning... the first time you peed that morning, correct?

Jul 17, 2014, 12:53 PM
    I took serveral throughout the day, 2 morning ones were positives and the later ones were negatives
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2014, 01:41 PM
    Okay, now you'll want to see your doctor to confirm, although it appears you are likely pregnant. Had you been having periods since stopping the injection? If pregnancy is confirmed, your doctor will likely do a scan to determine about how far along you are. The answer to that may play a role in your what you decide to do.

If you know that you would have and raise a baby, now would be a good time to start antenatal vitamins. Make an appointment with your gp and go from there.

Please do let us know how things turn out.

Jul 17, 2014, 01:50 PM
    Thank you, I'll make an appointment, and that's the thing I haven't had a period yet so I didn't know that I could have, and I will do :)
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2014, 02:07 PM
    I agree with DoulaC. THe only tests that mattered were the moring ones (they were taken according to directions). THey should never be taken later in the day because your urine is more dilute and far less likely to detect the hormone they test for..thats why those ended up showing negative.

Jul 17, 2014, 02:15 PM
    Thank you for the help:)

Jul 18, 2014, 04:29 PM
    Need help
    Hi, I recently commented because I was concerned I might be pregnant I've just had intercourse and my stomach has became sore and swollen? what could this be.
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2014, 04:39 PM
    Stop having intercourse if you are going to be this bothered and worried about getting pregnant? Seroiusly... stress can cause all sorts of problems with your health. Most of them completely unrelated with pregnancy.

You won't be showing until about your 4th month or later depending on how much extra weight you are carrying.

http://pregnant.thebump.com/pregnanc...g-is-baby.aspx

Cllick this link and read it and think about it, you will see why when you think about what you normally eat in a single meal.

Jul 18, 2014, 04:54 PM
    Could there be a reason I'm in pain and swelling?
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2014, 05:24 PM
    Bloating and cramps related to a period that's close (a common PMS symptom)... or gas from something you ate. Both can do that. A lot of stress, like panicing over being pregnant before its time to test, can cause indigestion, which can cause the gas as well.

Jul 18, 2014, 05:27 PM
    Okay thank you
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 18, 2014, 05:47 PM
    The early morning tests will be more correct, early in the pregnancy. Seldom are there false positives, but a false negative is common.

It is very very likely , yes you are pregnant, at this point you need to confirm this at the doctor with a blood test and decide what plans your and your boyfriend are going to do about a baby.

Jul 19, 2014, 04:18 AM
    Thank you I have an doctor appointment Tuesday

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Misses periods for 3 months 2 negative home pregnancy tests and no sign of pregnancy [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 26 yrs old and about 2 yrs ago i missed my period for the 1st time then it later started naturally after 6 months with heavy menses. 3- 4 months later it stopped again this time i was put on femilion for abt 4 months after completing the course it was normal for 2 months (dec 13, jan 14)...

3 missed periods negative pregnancy tests blood and urine symptoms of pregnancy [ 5 Answers ]

Okay, my last period was on Sept. 15, 2009. It is now December 18, 2009 and I have missed my last 3 periods. I have gone for blood tests and urine tests for pregnancy and every single one has come back negative. I'm so confused! I mean I've been getting pregnancy symptoms like headaches, nausea,...

No signs of pregnancy, negative pregnancy test, and period three days late. [ 4 Answers ]

My period is three days late now, and I was having cramps like I was going to start it, but then it never came. I've been worried, because me & my boyfriend have had sex unprotected, using the pull out method, & I have been reading about the "pre " thing, & I'm worried I got pregnant by that, but I...

2 weeks late on period, negative pregnancy test, got all pregnancy symptoms [ 7 Answers ]

I'm 15 days late on my pieord, I've done 8 hpt and all come back negative. I have most of the pregnancy symptoms. Can someone help? Has anyone been in this position and been pregnant?

Irregular periods, and pregnancy symptoms, but negative pregnancy test at home [ 19 Answers ]

Hi, Im 19 and I have had irregular periods since January of 09 My last normal period was on Nov 24 of 08 and then I was 13 days late for my period and it was really light. The next month I was only three days late, but my period was barely there. I have been experiencing many signs of pregnance,...

View more questions Search