Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    renee1313 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2007, 08:34 PM
    Kenmore washer won't drain, agitate or spin.
    It's a Kenmore heavy duty super capacity 110.26322503

1 year and 1 week old. Has been used for only 6 full months and has run good up until last night. Noticed when we took the clothes out they were still very wet. Tried to re-
    Run the spin and nothing. The machine hums and the lights actually dim in the utility room and nothing. You can hear the clicking if you turn the knob to different settings like it would if it was working but still nothing. I was able to add some water and tried to get it to
    Agitate but this is also a no go. So its not doing anything at all except filling. Any one have any ideas at all? It would be greatly appreciated.

I was told to replace the belt by sears rep. but I think I read there is no belt...

Thank you in advance for your help... :o
    RalphS Posts: 120, Reputation: 12

Apr 6, 2007, 07:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by renee1313
    It's a Kenmore heavy duty super capacity 110.26322503...

I was told to replace the belt by sears rep. but I think I read there is no belt ....
    First of all, if he told you to replace the belt, he is a complete idiot! :confused: There has NOT been a belt on the top loading Kenmore machine for over 20 years!
    There are several things it could be, the most common is a broken coupling, between the transmission and the motor. If this is the case the machine will NOT agitate or spin but WILL pump out the water, leaving the clothes sloppy wet. And you will only hear the slight humming of the motor running, when it's in the agitation or spin cycles.
    But if the lights dim and there is a much louder humming noise WITHOUT water being pumped out, then very likely something may be caught in the pump which in turn stops the motor from rotating. In this case the motor will quit humming after several seconds, when the overload protector overheats and opens the circuit to the windings of the motor.
    These two cases are probably the most common problems from what you describe, although other possibilities exist.
    Unless you are very handy, you will have to hire a competent technician.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore elite washer won't spin or agitate [ 11 Answers ]

I have a 5 year olf Kenmore elite washer that does not spin/agitate or pump water. Took the shell off, pump off, motor off. I left the motor connected to the wiring, tried to spin/agitate, but get no motion on motor, just a buzzing noise. Seems like the motor is bad? Is there any way to test this,...

Whirlpool washer won't agitate or spin [ 6 Answers ]

This machine is probably about 10 years old. It is a direct drive. The washer will fill and drain but when it tries to agitate or spin I hear a grinding and clicking sound coming from the bottom of the washer. I cannot turn the agitator by hand. Would this be a problem with the motor, or...

Kenmore Elite Washer does not spin or agitate [ 3 Answers ]

Model 417.42142100. Front loading machine. Does not spin or agitate, drum will not operate. Everything else seems to work. Fills, drains, makes noise like it's working during all cycles.

View more questions Search