Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    klantz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2014, 05:11 PM
    I'm worried about being pregnant
    Hi! I'm worried about possibly being pregnant. I have been on birth control for about a year and a half now. This last month I pushed my water pills back a week and continued taking hormone pills from my next pack because I didn't want to start my period during the event I had going the next week. I did have unprotected sex during the time I was taking the extra week of hormones. (Also like a week and a half before that I missed my pills for a few days and started my period but once I saw that I did I took the pills immediately and the next day the bleeding went away.) The reason Im worried about being pregnant is because when I took my water pills this last week when I got home. I waited till day three for my period to start because that's when it usually does and only brown discharge came. It was also only for a few days. The very last bit of the blood was dark red but there wasn't much. Is this normal because I pushed my period back a week? Or could it be implantation bleeding? The "period" started this last Monday the 14th and ended the 16th. I had the unprotected sex last Wednesday the 9th. Thank you for your help
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2014, 05:18 PM
    Hi klantz,

Pregnancy can be a possibility, but it is more likely that it is due to your cycle being off from the change in hormone levels from switching the schedule. Since you were taking the hormonal pills for an extra week, you were protected during the sex you had at that time. However, even with birth control, there will be a chance for pregnancy.

Continue with the schedule for taking your pills, and see what happens when you are next on the water pills. If you feel pregnancy is a possibility after that time, try a pregnancy test. The birth control pills won't effect your test results should you decide to take one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Worried about if am Pregnant or Not [ 2 Answers ]

Im 16days late of my period. And I've had unprotection sex!!

I'm worried about being pregnant! Help! [ 3 Answers ]

My last period ended on September 5th, and I'm not due for my next period till the 1st of October, on the 7th I found out I had a UTI which I get quite frequently. I took my medication and it went away. I had protected sex on the 10th and 17th with my boyfriend and after having sex on the 17th, the...

Only 19! Only had sex once! Worried I'm pregnant? VERY WORRIED! [ 11 Answers ]

So I know there are a few other posts like this but I'm just nervous about my situation... about 4 weeks ago I had sex, he had a condom on and I'm on the pill (trinessa), not while he was inside be and before he came he had to take it off because it was rolling down. We were still fooling around...

Am I pregnant so worried ? [ 1 Answers ]

OK my lst period was the 4th November I had my iud took out too that day next day I was put on cerezette the mini pill anyway I haven't seen my period since I'm worried because I have had a lot of unprotected sex with my husband beginnin the 1st dec as he was away before then, I have missed my pill...

Worried I am pregnant again. [ 1 Answers ]

I just had my first child almost 4 months ago and I had an IUD put in but now I am experiencing some of the same symptoms I did when first pregnant with my daughter. How likely is it that I am pregnant I have a Mirena IUD its only been inserted for about 2 and a half months. Any thoughts?

View more questions Search