Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Johana1993 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2014, 11:23 AM
    Sex during my period.. HELP
    I started my period on June 19 in the afternoon and I had unprotected sex on June 20 at night, my boyfriend told me he didn't come inside me.. perhaps only a little . I was wearing a tampon (of course I didn't remember at that time). The next night I took a postday pill just in case and the next days my period remained normal, it keep incresing as usual... Now its 17 of July and my period hasn't come... I'm very scared because I don't know if Im pregnant.. The only symptoms I have is that my breasts are a little big and hurt a little (I read that happens when you are pregnant or as a pre period symptom).. Also I have vaginal discharge, It's been changing, last week it was transparent and abundant and now it's white and less abundant... HELP.. should I be scared?
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jul 17, 2014, 11:40 AM
    Anytime you have sex and you are not responsible enough to have a baby, yes, you should be scared. So this time it was unprotected sex....maybe you should have worried about it before you did it?

Anyway, we can't know if you're pregnant. You will just have to wait long and see what happens. If you miss your period this month, then you will need to take a test in a few weeks and see how it turns out.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2014, 12:22 PM
    How did you have sex if you had a tampon in... that must have been fun to get out as well as being VERY uncomfortable for both of you. Trust me...I know that to be a fact. (allbeit one that happened a LONG time ago)

You can get pregnant on your period, you can also get pregnant even if he doesn't ejaculate. The postday pill isn't 100% effective so its still possible you are so you could stil get pregnant even if you took it..

Odds aren't great, but talk about odds to the one person in a million that gets killed by a piece of junk falling out of the sky. So if there is ANY possibility of something... you have to assume it can happen.

Its too soon to test... you have to be at least two weeks late for that. TO complicate things further... those day after pills can sometimes screw up your periods for a month or more (they AREN'T birth control and shouldn't be used as such, they all have negative side effects to the body).

And forget those internet witch doctor symptoms... they are as reliable as reading chicken entrails, tea leaves, or going to a gypsy fortune teller.

Being late is the only reliable one this early on... and you really aren't late yet. Wait until you are two weeks late and test according to directions. Do it wrong, or too early and the results mean nothing.

And as odinn7 so clearly points out... people that do what you both did... are in effect trying to make a baby. If you get lucky this time...learn from it and don't do it again. Next time you might not be lucky.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 17, 2014, 12:29 PM
    As has already been said, we can't tell you if you're pregnant or not, and yes, it's possible that you are. You'll have to wait and see.

You said you took the "postday" pill. I'm assuming you mean the morning after pill. That pill can throw off your cycle for months. Read the pamphlet or info that came with the pill.

All the symptoms you're describing can be attributed to pregnancy. They can also be attributed to PMS, illness, medication, etc. etc. This is why pregnancy cannot be determined by symptoms.

The only way to determine pregnancy is by a urine test, a blood test, an ultrasound in later pregnancy, or giving birth. No one online has access to any of these tools, therefore you will not find out if you're pregnant from online sources.

Good luck.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2014, 04:28 AM
    Most likely you aren't pregnant. The general breast tenderness and white discharge after the more transparent and fluid discharge is what you'd expect before a period. That the sex was at the start of your period, and that you used emergency contraception, lower the odds even more.

Obviously using consistent birth control by both you and your partner will lessen the chance of an unplanned pregnancy and your worry. Something to discuss with your partner if you are going to continue having sex.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I had sex on the 3rd of August, started my period on the 4th. I haven't had sex since, [ 3 Answers ]

I had protected sex on the 3rd of August, started my period on the 4th. I haven't had sex since, but my period is late. Is there a possibility of me getting pregnant? I don't use birth control pills.

Late Period, Pain in breasts, Cramping, Condom, Pulled out, Sex on period. [ 10 Answers ]

If someone could help that would be very helpful. Ok, so me and my girlfriend had sex. I am only 16 and she is 15. But when we did I wore a condom and pulled out. She was even on her period when we did it. The condom did not have any visible hole or anything. It has been over a month since and she...

I had unprotected sex 3 days before I started my period but my period came 7days earl [ 9 Answers ]

I had unprotected sex then 3 days later I started my period when I wasn't supposed to for about another week. Is it possible I could be pregnant?:confused:

Short period, missed period, unprotected sex, brown discharge am I pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

Okay so I'm on the pill and I had my period for about 3 days then took pills for 2 days I was unable to get to the doc and got my period for one more day I had unprotected sex the following day and my boyfriend went inside me I didn't take my pills for the rest of the month me and my boyfriend...

View more questions Search