Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mtkanon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2014, 08:08 AM
    Discharge/Plan B Lo Loestrin FE Question
    Hello! I am currently on my 7th pack of Lo Loestrin Fe and am still not entirely regular. For the last 4 packs, I have gotten brown discharge for two days at the beginning of weeks 2 and 4, but have never actually gotten my period when I am supposed to, as Lo Loestrin Fe only has two inactive pills at the end of week 4. I was wondering what the brown discharge during week 4 could be--is it the shedding of my uterine lining? Additionally, I had another issue during the 4th week of my most recent pack. On the last Sunday of the pack I had my normal brown discharge. I also had sex during that same Sunday, and I had not skipped/missed any pills for the entire pack. On Monday I forgot my pill in the morning and took it 7 hours late that afternoon. Tuesday I was really worried that I could have been unprotected since I missed my pill Monday, so I took Plan B Tuesday morning, about 36 hours post-intercourse. In all of my worry, I completely skipped Tuesday's pill, continued taking the rest of the weeks pill, and on Friday I realized I had skipped Tuesday's pill, so I doubled up. Now I am worried because I have not yet had any bleeding following Plan B. How do I know if it worked and when can I take an HPT since I never get a normal period on Lo Loestrin FE anyway? Has anyone else taken Plan B on Lo Loestrin FE? Thank you so much for your help!
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2014, 10:39 AM
    Hi mtkanon,

It happens for some women that all they have is some light spotting/discharge when they would expect a period when taking Lo Loestrin Fe. Some women never have a period while using it and others have periods on schedule.

Odds of pregnancy are very low since you were on your last week when you had the sex, and also took Plan b as a back up, which in a way simply took the place of the regular pill that you would have normally taken on Tuesday.

Don't worry about not bleeding after Plan B, many women do have some within a few days of using it, but others do not. The lack of bleeding does not indicate that it didn't work.

Since your periods are irregular, it will be difficult to use a lack of one as a possible indicator for pregnancy. You may want to try a pregnancy test in another week or two, or you could see your doctor for a blood test.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plan B and discharge [ 0 Answers ]

I took plan B about 7 hours after having an accident, then about 8 days later I started my period on time when it usually starts, it looked pretty normal but when I normally end about 6 days later I got brownish discharge and now it seems like a normal period again? Is this from the pill it has...

Plan B Question [ 1 Answers ]

So me and my boyfriend had sex and the condom completely broke and he had ejaculated in the condom so everything went in. Anyway so about 30min later we went to Walmart and got the plan b and I took it. What I'm worried about is if I'm ovulating and then the pill delays it but sperm lives for...

Plan b Brown discharge [ 1 Answers ]

On the 10th I got my period as normal then on the 13th my period was light as usual basically they were nuttin flowing then on the 13th my boyfriend and I had sex(he ejactulated) I cleaned up with soap and then got PLAN B and HOur LAter. And followed up with the 2nd dose twelve hours later. ...

View more questions Search